Texas Hunting Forum

Booster Antenna for SPYPOINT

Posted By: BlackSnake

Booster Antenna for SPYPOINT - 01/06/22 02:31 PM

So the SPYPOINT booster antennas are 80 to 120 bucks depending on where you buy them. When looking online I find several tgat are 30 bucks and under. Anyone have any experience with the off brands? No since spending 100 bucks when 25 will do the same thing. If in fact it will.
Posted By: Sparta

Re: Booster Antenna for SPYPOINT - 01/06/22 02:49 PM

I have a Moultrie cell came that rarely sent pics. I would get maybe 2 a day, the interface always showed 0 bars, and when I went out to check the card I had hundreds of pics. Once I installed one of the $30 antennas I started getting way more pics (closer to 30 a day). I still show 0 bars in the interface so I'm not sure if this is an issue with this camera (I have others around the property that show bars) or if the antenna doesn't support the feature.
Posted By: B_Man

Re: Booster Antenna for SPYPOINT - 01/07/22 02:22 PM

So sorry you have a Spypoint. I have one and its terrible. Transmits ok but the detection circuits in them are
very poor. Can't pick up game animals and lots of false pictures. Plus I just got a notice from Spypoint that 3G networks
will shutting down so if your trail camera is using 3G I believe the cameras may no longer work. Here is an antenna that may work that
costs very little to try. I got this from Tacta-Cam and it says for Trail cameras but with 4G. If you try it and it works then let us know.
I hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Waterproof-T-Mobile-Cellular-Amplifier/dp/B07R9JGLV5/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3URK7FNT845YF&dchild=1&keywords=bingfu%2B4g%2Blte%2Bcellular%2Btrail%2Bcamera%2Bantenna&qid=1597691687&sprefix=bingfu%2B%2Caps%2C242&sr=8-6&th=1

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Booster Antenna for SPYPOINT - 01/11/22 10:58 PM

WM- I have hears the off brands on Amazon work just as well as the Spypoint and come with all the correct plugs.. I will be getting one to test and will let you know.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum