Texas Hunting Forum

gun vise

Posted By: Bigfoot

gun vise - 01/04/22 04:20 AM

Can anyone recommend a moderately priced gun/rifle vice.

Main purpose is for sighting in my rifles. I just think I can get more dialed in that way rather than doing it off of a sand bag.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Judd

Re: gun vise - 01/04/22 02:57 PM

Don't waste your money would be my recommendation. The gun can act completely different in a vice as it does on your shoulder and it won't be a good zero like you need to hunt with anyway.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: gun vise - 01/04/22 06:42 PM

wow I was expecting to hear the opposite
Posted By: J.R. Kerry

Re: gun vise - 01/07/22 03:46 PM

https://youtu.be/upKdvaZLKOI
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: gun vise - 01/07/22 08:34 PM

We have one from Academy I think. Cost was around $100. If I remember correctly. Have no problem using it and probably get the rifle sighted in faster. Always test fire the rifle afterwards out of the vise.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: gun vise - 01/07/22 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
Don't waste your money would be my recommendation. The gun can act completely different in a vice as it does on your shoulder and it won't be a good zero like you need to hunt with anyway.

^^Absolutely right.

They are forbidden on my range. They cause more harm than good.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: gun vise - 01/08/22 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Judd

Ditto
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: gun vise - 01/08/22 04:00 AM

What they said. Don't do it. For me, my stuff shoots off of a bipod, and use a rear bag on the range. Nothing to it. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum