Texas Hunting Forum

Bore Sighter

Posted By: texas2

Bore Sighter - 01/03/22 05:44 PM

Looking for opinions on laser bore sighters. Which one is best, are they worth it and any other pertinent info.

Thanks
Posted By: TLew

Re: Bore Sighter - 01/03/22 07:03 PM

I've given up on them. Pull the bolt and line up center of bore to your reticle, it will get you on paper.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Bore Sighter - 01/04/22 12:28 AM

I bought a very well reviewed $35 green laser boresighter on Amazon that I’m happy with. No boresighter is perfect, but this one seems to be helpful.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Bore Sighter - 01/04/22 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by TLew
I've given up on them. Pull the bolt and line up center of bore to your reticle, it will get you on paper.

This is what I do also.....
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Bore Sighter - 01/04/22 12:04 PM

Sightmark Triple Duty Universal Boresight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U7CZB4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KHK4YE0WRK5S17R946RN

This one has served me well. It has a magnet that aligns the tapered arbor with the muzzle of any caliber rifle.
The laser comes in red or green. The laser will cast a visible dot on objects 50yds that you can align your scopes crosshairs on.
Posted By: texas2

Re: Bore Sighter - 01/04/22 12:54 PM

Thanks for the replies. Not sure if I'll purchase one or not. I'll keep investigating. Have done okay doing it the old fashioned way so far.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Bore Sighter - 01/04/22 02:56 PM

They cause more trouble than they do solutions.

Had several rifles come out that used a laser bore sighted. Not on paper at 100 yards. Pull the bolt, sight down the bore, don't move the rifle, look through the scope, adjust as necessary. I've done it now for hundreds of rifles and scopes. We don't need no stinkin bore lasers!
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Bore Sighter - 01/04/22 04:09 PM

A steady rest and a distant security light at night will get you just as close cheaper and no chance of damage to the bore.

I have a SiteLite SL-500 and I cannot tell you the last time I used it.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Bore Sighter - 01/04/22 08:54 PM

Agree with these guys. I've got one that has multiple attachments for different calibers and fits in the end of the barrel. It's sketchy at best. Several times I've bore sighted with the laser at home, gotten to the range, and found myself pulling the bolt out and looking down the barrel to get on paper.

The dummy rounds with the laser that fit in the chamber look interesting, but I've got too many different calibers to want to deal with that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum