Texas Hunting Forum

New Texas based Camouflage brand!

Posted By: Hunthoot.com

New Texas based Camouflage brand! - 12/28/21 03:24 AM

Glad to be a part of the group and looking forward to some awesome content and even better people!

We are a new camouflage company out of North Texas! From an idea 30 years ago to a camouflage like you've never seen before! Check us out on Instagram or Facebook and join the journey! First production run of our soft shell cold gear is live and our team is working hard to bring a badA line to the market in 2022! Shoutout to all you weekend warriors out there! Y’all’s passion is what drives us!

Quality
Versatility
Affordability

What do you look for in your hunting gear!?

#hoot
Robson Pritchett - Partner
Posted By: DStroud

Re: New Texas based Camouflage brand! - 12/28/21 05:13 AM

Mainly these days I look to see where it’s made....if it says China I pass.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: New Texas based Camouflage brand! - 12/28/21 06:00 AM

I look for quality material and craftsmanship, I don’t buy a lot of camo but what I do I look for is the highest quality product I can find whether it be a shirt, a jacket or heavy coat. The elcheapo stuff doesn’t get a second look from me but a lot of people buy the cheap Chinese crap these days.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: New Texas based Camouflage brand! - 12/28/21 08:46 AM

Materials Materials Materials

Construction and place of manufacture

Warranty

I have some cheap stuff 10-12yrs old still going strong and I have some expensive stuff that is stretched out and looks like it is done that is less than 2yrs old.

Price doesn't always equal quality.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: New Texas based Camouflage brand! - 12/28/21 06:58 PM

I am not a member of facebook or instagram, but did a search for your stuff and it looks like a mash up of a bunch of different patterns to try and accomplish a "one-camo-to use-anywhere" type approach....correct me if I am wrong.

I think most people look past the camo pattern and buy gear for several reasons, all listed above:

Materials- which incorporates the technical aspects of weather resistance, breathability, ruggedness, etc
Construction- which includes fit and function, durability, and origin
Cost- which includes expected lifespan and warranty

I think the reason some big name companies do well with their clothing lines is they hit the target on most of the above, but I know of none that hit all the marks.

Unfortunately in todays world, it is hard to have a true "do-all" clothing line, as so many people have such vastly different needs. The rifle hunter doesn't have the same needs as a bow hunter who doesn't have the same needs as a waterfowl hunter who doesn't have the same needs as the upland bird or western etc etc etc....

My suggestion, and I know you aren't looking for it, is to pick a niche or two, and work that angle. Then one you have that mastered and a good base of customers, then expand. Otherwise, you will have a "just-OK" line where there are much better for the desired niche.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: New Texas based Camouflage brand! - 12/29/21 12:42 AM

Will you be at the DSC show?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum