Texas Hunting Forum

Gonna look like a clown

Posted By: Hudbone

Gonna look like a clown - 11/18/20 10:51 AM

Got me some new stuff. Sure to make me a better hunter.
[Linked Image]

Posted By: snake oil

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/18/20 12:51 PM

That should get you there. grin
Posted By: kry226

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/19/20 12:49 AM

Talk about a clown, most of the time I look like a camo rummage sale. Ordered some First Lite this year and am liking the fit and function. Good luck with your new stuff.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/19/20 03:54 AM

I love my Kryptek gear. It is the lightest/warmest least bulky stuff I’ve ever owned. Bonus... in my box blind I’m dang near invisible.

Charlie
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/19/20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
I love my Kryptek gear. It is the lightest/warmest least bulky stuff I’ve ever owned. Bonus... in my box blind I’m dang near invisible.

Charlie

i always feel like a better hunter when i wear my sitka gear in my box blind LOL roflmao
Posted By: kry226

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/19/20 05:25 PM

I don't wear this stuff for the pattern. I wear it because it is the quietest, warmest, and most functional clothing I can get. That it might actually break up your outline in the woods is simply icing on the cake.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/20/20 12:33 AM

When I hunted in Namibia, my bushman tracker wore a bright red shirt with bright blue pants and we never seemed to have any problems. It was about then that I realized that I'd been brainwashed about camo. Not that I've stopped wearing it ... LOL!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/20/20 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by syncerus
When I hunted in Namibia, my bushman tracker wore a bright red shirt with bright blue pants and we never seemed to have any problems. It was about then that I realized that I'd been brainwashed about camo. Not that I've stopped wearing it ... LOL!

[Linked Image]

Camo is for the other hunters.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/20/20 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
[Linked Image]

You bought their most expensive and advance technical textile line.. Lol

Schoeller technical fabrics are second to none. Not to mention krptek owners are bad arses.

I could care less about pattern but cutting edge textiles make a huge difference, congrats money well spent IMO
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/20/20 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
[Linked Image]

Schoeller technical fabrics are second to none. Not to mention krptek owners are bad arses.

I could care less about pattern but cutting edge textiles make a huge difference, congrats money well spent IMO

What’s so special about the material?
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/21/20 03:30 AM

Realtree or Mossy oak for me.
I really think Camo is more about breaking up your silhouette than "vanishing"
Posted By: maximum

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/21/20 04:12 AM

If you're shopping for patterns, ASAT is what you need.
It's designed for hunting and not for human eye appeal.
The military patterns would be the old American Woodland
Rhodesian, and real vietnamese tiger stripe
The small shapes on most commercial camo blob out
at a distance, and you might as well be wearing a muted
solid color, OD green, etc.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/22/20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by syncerus

[Linked Image]

Looks like work
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/22/20 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
[Linked Image]

What’s so special about the material?

On the altitude line specifically
A) Their DWR on their none-water proof & waterproof stuff is the best on the market. It's impressive how it beads water, even in a full rain. Almost makes none water proof water proof.. Almost meaning seems will always leak if not sealed.

B) Their C-change material actual constructs when cooler and expands when hot, making it ultra breathable, add in their water-proof breathable membrane and you have an ultra breathable water proof material on market. Really helps with external moisture management

You will find schoeller fabrics in high end ski gear and high end mountaineering brands. It's over kill for Texas, but makes life a lot more comfortable at altitude, hence reason this specific line is call altitude. They have other lines that are much cheaper and more average hunting expeditions

Posted By: freerange

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/23/20 02:29 AM

Their sales force probably couldn’t explain that better.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/24/20 02:52 AM

up
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/24/20 09:44 PM

If you hunt in a box blind, why does a person need a camo hat, camo shirt, camo pants and camo boots?

Is that to look cool in pictures or at Krogers?
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/24/20 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by fishdfly
If you hunt in a box blind, why does a person need a camo hat, camo shirt, camo pants and camo boots?

Is that to look cool in pictures or at Krogers?

Do you wear church clothes to work on your car? Do you wear boxers or briefs? Why does it matter what anyone wears to go hunt?

I wear hunting clothes to go hunt because they are warm, comfortable and I look amazing in the blind.

Charlie
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/25/20 12:23 AM

There you go. Fishie may be the arbiter of style.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Gonna look like a clown - 11/25/20 02:55 AM

worthless
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum