At one point I had six in the box but I am not happy with the hook
placement. Trying to think of something to better utilize
the space. Maybe a couple of rail and trolleys or a rolling rack that
sits on the floor???

Any thoughts?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Cold Storage Box - 10/13/20 12:45 PM

What you have looks pretty space efficient from here.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Cold Storage Box - 10/13/20 01:49 PM

Maybe a frig box for the floor to catch the blood and drips. Look pretty good to me also, maybe just more room between carcasses for cooling.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Cold Storage Box - 10/19/20 04:01 AM

My processor has a metal bar that stretches across the top of his cooler bolted to the wall on each end maybe a foot below the ceiling. Then he has "S" hooks that slide across the bar, kind of like a shower curtain. That way he can hang the deer and slide them back and forth.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Cold Storage Box - 12/21/20 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton
My processor has a metal bar that stretches across the top of his cooler bolted to the wall on each end maybe a foot below the ceiling. Then he has "S" hooks that slide across the bar, kind of like a shower curtain. That way he can hang the deer and slide them back and forth.

That is a great system.

Cut those legs off at the joint, tendon stays intact, and you have more room to hang them with a dropped down bar from the ceiling.
Posted By: cullbuck

Re: Cold Storage Box - 12/21/20 08:26 PM

Quarter'em and bag the quarters. Once they're cold you can stack them on shelves.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Cold Storage Box - 12/22/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

this
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Cold Storage Box - 12/25/20 06:49 PM

Based on fat deposits i would say three young bucks and a doe?

I would love to have a cool box at my place. I really need to get a winch set up so i can easily clean the critters.

Agree with the bar and sliding ā€œSā€ hooks if you are looking for more room
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Cold Storage Box - 12/26/20 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
What you have looks pretty space efficient from here.

Man I like what you have
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Cold Storage Box - 01/22/21 10:08 PM

Processor is AZ cuts all 4 legs off at joint on both deer and elk, cuts body into 4 parts (not 4 leg quarters) and hangs all 4 parts on one large S hook on a sliding bar
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum