Texas Hunting Forum

Spypoint Lithium Battery

Posted By: Savage243

Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/06/20 03:17 PM

Does anyone know what kind of charging connection is used for the LIT-C-8 batteries? I don't want to spend $20 bucks and find out it is a micro USB or something that I have 20 of laying around the house.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/07/20 08:51 AM

Why lithium? What uses?

Re: Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/07/20 01:31 PM

They are the batteries that Spypoint sells for their cell cameras. We are three hours away from our property and we are getting tired of buying AA batteries all the time.
Posted By: lzybear75

Re: Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/07/20 03:54 PM

we use the HME 12 volt battery/solar boxes on our spypoint cameras.

Re: Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/07/20 06:38 PM

We are going to use Spypoints internal lithium batteries. I am just trying to figure out what charging connection is used on the battery itself. The new Micro-S uses a micro USB to charge but they hide the connection to their internal lithium battery option. I am only trying to save a few dollars by not buying a cord that i might have laying around already.

Re: Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/07/20 07:48 PM

I use a modified version of the Stealth external battery pack, modified internally by me, with no internal batteries, camera has been out and running continuously since November of last year. When you can get lithium batteries, which are junk when exposed to the Texas elements, to last and be this reliable, let me know.

You are going to introduce problems with your camera using lithium batteries, the quality is no where near the level a cellular camera needs at the price point they are offering and therefore, very unreliable.

Please keep the members informed of your results, but I will not be surprised if we never hear back about the reliability or longevity of the rechargeable lithium batteries.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lzybear75

Re: Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/08/20 01:26 PM

from the pics I've seen it looks like it a round pin type plug in. i googles spypoint battery pack and found images.

Re: Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/08/20 08:20 PM

David M,

Can you please go back to my original post and tell me where I asked for an opinion such as yours please? Please keep the forum posted about the results of your reading comprehension skills, but I will be very surprised if you have gained any after re-reading my post a few times. I very simply asked what kind of charging connection the battery needed.
Your idea (not a new one, see every feeder ever made) is great until a raccoon chews through a cord or a hog gets a hold of the battery box would leave the camera inoperable while still being three hours away from my house.

Maybe you are just trying to be helpful but you missed your mark, so please spare me and everyone else here the misery of reading your condescending know it all statements. That is unless you know which connection the batteries that I asked about require.

Re: Spypoint Lithium Battery - 10/08/20 09:50 PM

OK, done
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum