Texas Hunting Forum

INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS

Posted By: DLALLDER

INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 07/25/20 11:12 PM

What brand of the insulted rubber boot have you used? What brands have you found to be best? I have a terrible problem with keeping my feet warm even with quality gore tex hunting boots so that will be a main factor in my decision. Let me know what you think are the best. Thanks Daniel
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 07/26/20 02:15 AM

Rubber boots will not let the sweat evaporate, you will eventually be walking in a puddle of sweat. I wear polypropylene or nylon sock liners with wool socks. I don't wear insulated boots, just boots and the socks, if it is raining I have a pair of galoshes I put on, but once I reach my stand I remove them.

Cold feet can also be a sign of poor circulation, blood flow is what keeps your feet warm.
Posted By: David Maas

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 07/26/20 05:32 AM

Muck
Posted By: kry226

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 07/26/20 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by David Maas
Muck

x2

No other brand I've worn (Rocky, LaCrosse) have stood up to the abuse I've thrown at them better. And it isn't even close.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 07/27/20 02:34 AM

Schnees pack boots with felt liners
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 07/27/20 02:45 AM

I think socks are more important than the boots.
I'll say that lacrosse is hard to beat though
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 07/28/20 04:45 AM

I wore the soles off my last pair, Redhead neoprene, and tried on every pair at Bass Pro. I went with the Muck Arctic Pro. They are very warm, very comfortable, and lighter weight than some of the others I tried. They weren't cheap, around $200 or so, but they are nice. Personally not a fan of the rubber outsoles on the uppers that some boots have, I like the neoprene uppers a lot more.

https://www.muckbootcompany.com/col...sy-oak-tall-boots?variant=12625555128414
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 07/28/20 11:45 AM

Muck. I also have Lacrosse. You want neoprene uppers. (being able to roll them up and down like socks to take them on and off is an added bonus) Spend the $ and go for light weight and comfort.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 08/03/20 05:49 PM

I have used some Head Head Bone Dry 1000 thinsulate for over 10 yrs. Never have I had an issue. NO COLD FEET. I use wicking Mike basket ball socks some, the ones with the L and R on them. Made for each foot. Never slip down in your boots!
Posted By: Blank

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 08/03/20 08:23 PM

Yep, +1 on the Muck boots. Super durable, good cleated traction, but clean off well and don't track mud/snow/ice into the house. Very comfortable for hiking too. When there's any mud and/or water to deal with, these are our go to boots. The Arctic Sport is good well below zero degrees. Once winter and snow really sets in, it is Schnee's or Sorrels until springtime!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Black Duck Dog

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 08/04/20 12:26 AM

Boggs just like the Mucks but they are better. Got both pair
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 08/04/20 03:46 PM

I've had these for 5 years and they rock! Very comfortable and Lacrosse sells a condition solution that you can spray on to make them look new.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/lacrosse-alphaburly-pro-hunting-boots-for-men
Mucks are also good rubber boots.
Posted By: JCO

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 08/05/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by cheetah577
I've had these for 5 years and they rock! Very comfortable and Lacrosse sells a condition solution that you can spray on to make them look new.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/lacrosse-alphaburly-pro-hunting-boots-for-men
Mucks are also good rubber boots.

Yep. X2 on the Alpha Burly. Comfortable, warm, easy on and off.
Posted By: Greg

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 08/06/20 03:59 AM

X3 on the alpha burly pro! My last pair lasted probably 7 years and I wore them all the time. I have two
Different patterns in my amazon cart right now... just have to decide on which one. They are really great boots!
Posted By: DeCurry

Re: INSULATED RUBBER HUNTING BOOTS - 08/06/20 05:05 PM

My Muck boots are some of the most comfortable footwear I own. I usually have to track down my boots at camp because my brother-in-law or one of my nephews has 'borrowed them real quick' again.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum