Texas Hunting Forum

Engel Cooler

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Engel Cooler - 03/08/20 05:37 PM

Anybody have a few years of use out of an Engel rotomolded hard cooler? I need to go up in size on a Yeti, to like 65-75 qts. Price difference got me to looking hard at Engel.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Engel Cooler - 03/08/20 05:47 PM

Have one. My biggest complaint is the rubber feet all fell off. It keeps ice well but don’t drag it across the truck bed bc that’s what made mine fall off. Was able to stick them back on but not a big fan.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Engel Cooler - 03/08/20 06:01 PM

What's your opinion of the latches?
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Engel Cooler - 03/09/20 03:54 AM

American made and a great warranty and customer service.

https://www.bisoncoolers.com/collections/coolers/products/75-qt-bison-cooler
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Engel Cooler - 03/09/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Have one. My biggest complaint is the rubber feet all fell off. It keeps ice well but don’t drag it across the truck bed bc that’s what made mine fall off. Was able to stick them back on but not a big fan.

My small Artic did the same thing in the truck bed. Thr handle also comes off if you pull it from the side. The rest of mine are pelican or Grizzly and they’re tough SOBs if a bit heavy.

Are the Engels made in the USA? My Artic had strikes against it from the beginning because it’s made in China. That’s just me being childish.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Engel Cooler - 03/09/20 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
What's your opinion of the latches?

Forgot about that I also had to replace one of the front latches
Posted By: Exiled

Re: Engel Cooler - 06/10/20 07:22 PM

I have one of those Bison coolers, it's my biggest one (100 qt). I love it, slightly lighter than the YETI of similar dimensions but very rugged and has held up well. Mine's 5 years old now if it matters. latches and handles are very nice quality and have held up well to abuse.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Engel Cooler - 07/27/20 05:43 PM

Also look at the Igloo Sportsman series, I've been happy with them and they don't break the bank.
Posted By: Rifleman1775

Re: Engel Cooler - 08/10/20 12:40 AM

I have a Yukon 65qt that I bought at Bucee's. Been a great cooler and comes standard with wheels. Sits for days in West Texas sun and keeps ice. Pre-cool before use is key.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Engel Cooler - 08/10/20 02:53 PM

Roto Molded coolers are only good to store a wrapped brisket till ready to eat.. peep

Now if you are out in the field for weeks at a time and cant get to town........MAYBE

Ice is cheap, these coolers are NOT.

Pluss they are TOOOOOOO HEavy.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Engel Cooler - 08/10/20 04:37 PM

Pelican.
Posted By: Heavy T

Re: Engel Cooler - 08/10/20 09:43 PM

Have 35 qt. & 100 qt. ? I have abused the small one and still works fine. Have replaced several latches over the years. Buy them online and have several on hand.
I don't think they are any better than of the others, but mine has lasted longer than expected and still going.
Posted By: txlenchs

Re: Engel Cooler - 08/31/20 01:29 PM

Yeti...family member works there... grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum