Texas Hunting Forum

Scent block hunting clothes.

Posted By: Marcos Ziroldo

Scent block hunting clothes. - 03/06/20 06:14 PM

Hello hunters.
I need some information on hunting clothes that block body odor (or reduce it) as I hunt wild boar.
I live in Brazil and search the US market for better products than the ones I find here. Years ago I bought two pairs of red head socks, one for winter and one for summer. Most of the year the temperature in my region is very high, from 32 to 40 ° C. I liked the product, especially the sock for the summer that is breathable because I noticed that it left my feet with less moisture than my regular sock.
Weeks ago I started searching for some clothes that were breathable, quick drying and that blocked or reduced body odor. I found some models also from the "red head" brand that promised to have the characteristics I was looking for but in the reviews I saw some comments from a buyer about a jacket and a T-shirt and he complained that the clothes had a very strong smell that he considered to scare off some more animal than the smell of the hunter's body.
I already had this experience because I bought an Irish Setter antisnake boot and although it is very comfortable and waterproof, it had a very strong smell similar to chemical or recycled rubber that took a long time to finish. I had to leave it muddy for many days.
And so as not to buy something that doesn't satisfy my need, I'm looking for opinions from someone who has already worn red head clothes to find out if they deliver what they promise or if they really have a strong smell that doesn't justify the purchase.
Or some other brand already tested and that is not much more expensive because for me the products I buy there in the USA cost 4x more than for you.
Does anyone have any information to help me?
Thankful.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Scent block hunting clothes. - 03/07/20 06:21 PM

IMO, this is a sales gimmick and doesn’t provide any true benefit. Spend your money on better performance type clothing that will breathe better and lesson your chance of sweating. The only thing I do is wash my clothes in unscented detergent. Beyond that........PLAY THE WIND. No need for scent blocker clothing.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Scent block hunting clothes. - 03/07/20 07:25 PM

They don’t work. Don’t waste your money.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Scent block hunting clothes. - 03/08/20 02:48 AM

All that stuff is good for is separating hunters from their money.

Pass.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: wapiti

Re: Scent block hunting clothes. - 03/14/20 03:09 PM

Ditto....Pass
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum