Texas Hunting Forum

Academy Deal Alert - Tripod

Posted By: Texas Dan

Academy Deal Alert - Tripod - 01/14/20 06:01 PM

I picked one of these up a few weeks back and found it to be a good deal. Plenty strong and easy to assemble since all the nuts and bolts were individually packaged according to the assembly steps. The bolt holes for the swivel seat were a perfect match for a spare boat seat I had that was collecting dust.

The customer reviews are mostly positive.

Game Winner 10-ft Tripod
Posted By: Erny

Re: Academy Deal Alert - Tripod - 01/14/20 07:14 PM

I bought one last weekend. Seems like a heck of a deal. I am glad to here that assembly was easy.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Academy Deal Alert - Tripod - 01/14/20 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Erny
I bought one last weekend. Seems like a heck of a deal. I am glad to here that assembly was easy.

Yes, just lay out the individual parts bags in the order they're marked and look at the diagram for each step.

I also like the swing-over rail as opposed to the fixed rails that were once available with earlier versions of tripod stands. I had two of them and it was always somewhat of a hassle to climb under the front rail to get onto the platform and into the seat.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Academy Deal Alert - Tripod - 01/18/20 10:37 PM

I was about to ask if the rail was hinged. I see a trip to Academy in my future.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Academy Deal Alert - Tripod - 01/19/20 12:21 AM

Agree, thanks for the heads up. Gonna see if some of these are available when I get home
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: Academy Deal Alert - Tripod - 02/08/20 12:20 AM

Got one. Thanks
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Academy Deal Alert - Tripod - 02/11/20 02:25 PM

Game Winner Quad Pod 2.0 Hunting Stand is also marked down from $350 to $200 if you take grands or other hunting partners.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Academy Deal Alert - Tripod - 03/03/20 04:17 PM

I meant to go look earlier, but finally got around to it yesterday. I purchased the last one the Watauga store had in stock. The one I bought is a little bit different, but a pretty good deal at $79.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum