Texas Hunting Forum

Cellular booster for trail cam

Posted By: BlackSnake

Cellular booster for trail cam - 12/28/19 11:49 PM

Installed a SPYPOINT S camera. Cellular signal is in and out. Been looking online at the Skypoint cellular boosters. Not many reviews to go by so I thought I’d ask here.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Cellular booster for trail cam - 12/29/19 12:42 AM

Get a trucker cell antenna for your network. That worked really well for me and I went from no signal to solid 3 bars on the camera. You will need a adapter to connect the antenna to the camera, but that’s a cheap product. Call spypoint and they will tell you what size you need, I can not remember.
Posted By: B_Man

Re: Cellular booster for trail cam - 12/30/19 04:00 PM

Going back through some old forums about this topic, I remember a guy posting some information about
cell boosters and adapters. This is what I remember: (just copy and paste these items into your browser)

https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Water...mp;psc=1&refRID=VFNMXFCDGGY2YHEEHWT7

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CVQ3XLY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2PXC5AB6J60IH&psc=1

Hope this helps.

I had the Spypoint Micro and had lots of problems with it like others have posted. The customer Service is awful. We gave up on it.
I hope you have better luck.
Posted By: Ryan F.

Re: Cellular booster for trail cam - 12/31/19 03:50 AM

https://www.amazon.com/StyleZ-RP-SM...1577764169&s=electronics&sr=1-10

I bought something like this and used the original antenna. I went from no service to 3 bars by running the antenna up a tree. Spypoint Link Evo here.
Posted By: BlackSnake

Re: Cellular booster for trail cam - 01/02/20 05:37 PM

I appreciate your input. I went ahead and purchased the skypoint antenna. I have joined two sticks of pvc to make 15 feet. I will slip that over a t post for stability. Wish me luck.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Cellular booster for trail cam - 01/03/20 12:48 AM

Good luck... I tried that with PVC conduit and when it got hot outside it just slowly bent on over. I switch to Cuddeback's CuddleLink system where the cameras are down low and the Cell unit is up high on a rise.

Charlie
Posted By: D-Box

Re: Cellular booster for trail cam - 01/07/20 09:49 PM

I just bought the Amazon antenna linked above with the 10' cable and also got the adapter someone said was needed. I'll be installing it this weekend in a 1 bar area and will report back how it does. I'll try the stock antenna first. I'm thinking I will mount the extended antenna on a 10' peice of PVC conduit and zip tie it to the small cedar my cam will be on.
Posted By: SowHntr

Re: Cellular booster for trail cam - 01/10/20 01:36 AM

Good info. Interested to see how they work
Posted By: D-Box

Re: Cellular booster for trail cam - 01/23/20 10:16 PM

I can report that the Amazon antenna linked above with the 10' cable worked for me. I knew the one bar signal came and went where I put the camera, and sure enough the camera never connected. After installing the antenna it worked fine. I used a 9' peice of 1" pvc and zip tied it to the tree. I bought but didn't need the adapters also linked above.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum