Texas Hunting Forum

Dishonest Old Crouch Surplus company

Posted By: dugger

Dishonest Old Crouch Surplus company - 12/27/19 03:53 AM

Hello all, Anyone else had a bad experience wi Old Crouch Military Surplus out of Cyde NC? I order some canteens from them in October, they called a couple days Lateran ask for my security code from my card, said sometimes they don't come through. I gave it to him and ask about my order and changed what I originally ordered, spent more. I have never received my items but they charged my debit card. I've called and left VM but no answer or call back. I've sent emails but no response. Finally I registered a BBB complaint, no response yet. I read several reviews with the same issue and want to warn folks against using them. Anyone had such an issue with them?
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Dishonest Old Crouch Surplus company - 12/27/19 03:22 PM

Unfortunately you have found out why you NEVER use a debit card for any online/unattended (gas pump for example) transaction. In your case, you have no recourse vs if you had used a credit card, you call the card provider, file a claim and they reverse the charges.

I wish you luck in getting this resolved.

Charlie
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Dishonest Old Crouch Surplus company - 12/27/19 07:57 PM

After reading the reviews here, I would not feel confident you will get this resolved in a timely fashion:

https://www.bbb.org/us/nc/clyde/pro...rplus-the-0473-92005390/customer-reviews

One more reason to thoroughly check out a retailer before sending in an order.
Posted By: decook

Re: Dishonest Old Crouch Surplus company - 01/07/20 12:08 PM

Out of state could mean mail fraud. Check with your postmaster and see what they say.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Dishonest Old Crouch Surplus company - 01/07/20 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by decook
Out of state could mean mail fraud. Check with your postmaster and see what they say.

In my experience all you'll do is waste a bunch of time with this route. I suspect different postmasters react differently but in my experience they could not possible care less about me having issues with MO's or anything else that isn't directly tied to a physical envelope or package.

Call and talk to your bank. I believe (although not certain) that there is a merchant agreement that would protect your debit purchases. They are going to ask you 1,000 questions and expect documentation to reverse those charges...but that is your best bet.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Dishonest Old Crouch Surplus company - 01/10/20 01:47 PM

What did you order,pic?
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Dishonest Old Crouch Surplus company - 01/11/20 02:47 AM

I have successfully reversed two debit card charges in the last three years. One fraudulent charge for something I never ordered and another for an online order that I never received. Both times I just called my bank and answered a lot of questions. One of those times I seem to remember they sent me a form to sign agreeing to cooperate if the bank seeks legal action on them. I do know you get more protections with running your debit card as credit than you do with using it with a pin number. So never use your pin number if there is any chance you may need to dispute a charge.
© 2021 Texas Hunting Forum