Texas Hunting Forum

Winter tent

Posted By: lost again

Winter tent - 12/06/19 12:26 AM

I am in need of a good 3 person 4 season tent. This tent will only be used in the winter as I have a good 3 season tent. If anyone has any knowledge, experience or recommendations they’d like to pass on it would be greatly appreciated. I’d like to stay under 250.00.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Winter tent - 12/06/19 03:53 AM

If you don’t have high winds or snow loads, any double or even single wall tent will work.

I’d look year end close outs with Cabela’s

Posted By: Wytex

Re: Winter tent - 12/07/19 04:32 PM

A good staked down wall tent will handle any weather, ours has been through 60+ mph winds and deep snow. A decent one will cost more than $250 though. Internal frame is the way to go on a wall tent.
Posted By: lost again

Re: Winter tent - 12/11/19 01:07 AM

Thanks for reply’s. Wtex I’d love to have a canvas tent with a stove in it but we hike in about a mile sometimes more at 63 I doubt if could pack one a hundred yards. Lol. I'm looking at the 3 man Azarxis now and considering ordering one after the holidays unless something else catches my eye.
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Winter tent - 12/11/19 03:47 AM

Stoves make tents so comfortable!

This is one of the more reasonable priced heated tipis.

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/products/megahorn-tipi-tent-wood-stove-jack
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Winter tent - 12/11/19 04:56 AM

I would then go with something like Whiptail suggested, a tipi with a stove jack .
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Winter tent - 12/12/19 02:13 AM

Like this
[Linked Image]

Re: Winter tent - 12/12/19 02:19 AM

I run two different backcountry tents depending where and or season

The luxury version is Kifaru TuT with stove, and my other is mountain hardware Ghost UL three
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: djs303

Re: Winter tent - 12/12/19 04:11 AM

I have a Kodiak canvas tent. If your looking for one to hike with its not the tent for you because it is heavy. It will hold up well in most any weather and keep you warm and dry. The one I have has the deluxe enclosed awning and I use the awning area for my kitchen. They are a bit more than what you are wanting to spend, but will last a long time if taken care of. Below is a link to their website

Kodiak Tents
Posted By: chalet

Re: Winter tent - 12/12/19 08:59 PM

I have Kodiak canvas tent also, great tent.

Re: Winter tent - 12/13/19 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by lost again
Thanks for reply’s. Wtex I’d love to have a canvas tent with a stove in it but we hike in about a mile sometimes more at 63 I doubt if could pack one a hundred yards. Lol. I'm looking at the 3 man Azarxis now and considering ordering one after the holidays unless something else catches my eye.

FYI my kifaru tut and stove are sub <5lbs

And my MH ghost ul 3 is <3lbs
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum