Texas Hunting Forum

Walkie-Talkies....

Posted By: DocHorton

Walkie-Talkies.... - 11/01/19 04:50 AM

I have a poor to non-existent cell signal at one of the places I hunt....I need a recommendation on some good Walkie-Talkies that will reach half a mile or more through some timber to a buddies stand so we can communicate while hunting. Anyone know of any or used any that are good for a decent price?
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Walkie-Talkies.... - 11/01/19 12:42 PM

Most if not all good radios will require FCC licensing. We use Hytera PD 702 and 602s at work. They are expensive but there is a used market. Buying used will generally require buying a new battery and the knowledge you will be operating on an expired license or out of area for the licensing. Prior to that we had Kenwoods but we had to turn them down enough to keep from walking all over Whataburgers drive through wireless system. The Hyteras are digital, you either get a clear signal or none.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Walkie-Talkies.... - 11/02/19 01:24 AM

rugged radios or bao feng.
Posted By: RGLass

Re: Walkie-Talkies.... - 11/05/19 03:16 PM

Motorola makes good radios that require no licenses. We use them on pipeline jobs. Range is two to five miles depending on terrain. $100. Or less per pair with 50 channels.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Walkie-Talkies.... - 11/15/19 06:37 PM

I bought some walkie talkies from academy about $15 for 2 of them, I can't remember the range on them,,, so we could communicate while hunting etc. Ended up not using them.... As we think we were interfering with either county officials or LEO's.... Every now and again a faint crackle and garbled messages...took an home pulled out the batteries and they now collect dust.
ninja
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum