Texas Hunting Forum

Cold Weather Gloves

Posted By: Falco

Cold Weather Gloves - 10/09/19 03:53 PM

Looking for cold weather glove recommendations. I hunt in the panhandle and ride an ATV to and from my stand; December mornings can be pretty rough. I generally use whatever gloves gloves Academy is selling that year, but realize there's probably something better out there. What are you guys using?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Cold Weather Gloves - 10/09/19 08:01 PM

Mountain hardware down mitts, called absolute zero. High exposure split are not as warm but better durablilty
Posted By: Judd

Re: Cold Weather Gloves - 10/09/19 10:31 PM

Columbia used to make an awesome aluminum foil pair....not sure why they discontinued them (cough, cough)
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Cold Weather Gloves - 10/10/19 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Judd
Columbia used to make an awesome aluminum foil pair....not sure why they discontinued them (cough, cough)

They drive me insane on their update/change overs
Posted By: 4x4willie

Re: Cold Weather Gloves - 11/21/19 12:29 AM

I bought some give-r gloves, the 4 season, not cheap but they’re awesome. Check out website
Posted By: leswad

Re: Cold Weather Gloves - 11/21/19 04:08 AM

These make my hands sweat:

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Protect...love&qid=1574309188&sr=8-1-spell
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Cold Weather Gloves - 11/21/19 04:30 AM

Arctic wear
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Cold Weather Gloves - 11/30/19 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Falco
Looking for cold weather glove recommendations. I hunt in the panhandle and ride an ATV to and from my stand; December mornings can be pretty rough. I generally use whatever gloves gloves Academy is selling that year, but realize there's probably something better out there. What are you guys using?

I got a pair of the ATV handlebar mitts from Academy a few years ago. They are not insulated but will keep the air off your hands while riding. I can wear lightweight or no gloves at all and my hands are warmer than the heaviest rated gloves without that wind block. Huge difference.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Cold Weather Gloves - 11/30/19 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Falco

Give me your address in a p.m. & I will send you some samples to try, at least two styles. What size do you need?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum