Texas Hunting Forum

Primos Truth Cam 35 Ultra troubleshooting

Posted By: smokewagon84

Primos Truth Cam 35 Ultra troubleshooting - 10/03/19 03:56 PM

been a great cam last few seasons ,but this year when i put it out the red light on the front of it wont turn off and it just runs the batteries down.
does anyone know why?
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Primos Truth Cam 35 Ultra troubleshooting - 10/03/19 09:09 PM

I've had several of these cameras over the past 8 years and wish they still sold them. From what I have seen, they took much better pictures than many of the 8 and 12MP cameras I've had. My experience is that over time, the black plastic circle that covers the middle sensor dries out and starts to crack. Once that happens, it's either overly sensitive and takes thousands of pictures without stopping, or the motion sensor hardly ever triggers and it only takes a handful of pictures, if it takes any at all. If that black plastic breaks completely, the camera is pretty much useless. Unless a cow or horse broke it, mine usually lasted about 3 years before they failed. When Academy sold them for $50 - $80, they were a great deal. Once Academy stopped selling them, you could still find them occasionally on Amazon. However, the price shot up and they were running between $130 and $150.
Posted By: HogBranch

Re: Primos Truth Cam 35 Ultra troubleshooting - 12/09/19 07:32 PM

The Primos cameras I have had all have a internal lithium battery that runs the clock chip. This battery will get low after a few years and causes the camera to malfunction. I have replaced the internal battery and brought several of them back to life. Requires some soldering as they are attached directly to the circuit board.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum