Texas Hunting Forum

Electronic Hearing protection

Posted By: magspa

Electronic Hearing protection - 09/21/19 10:21 PM

Never had a pair. I have always used the cheapo ones the range and nothing while hunting. Well now I have a muzzle brake on a magnum rifle and my oldest boy started shooting/hunting. I don't want him to be half deaf like me in his 30's. I have been looking at the peltor sport tactical 100 and Howard leight impact sport. I have read some reviews that your hearing is actually enhanced with these. I just don't want my hearing to be less while hunting cause I'll be leaving them on knowing I'll forget to put em on before I shoot. Does anyone have any experience with them or other recommendations? Thanks
Posted By: killen

Re: Electronic Hearing protection - 09/22/19 10:43 AM

cabelas has some good ones and yes you can adjust them to hear everything
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Electronic Hearing protection - 09/22/19 01:26 PM

Scroll down in this Forum and you will see a similar discussion. I have the Howard Leights which are good for noise cancellation but can get uncomfortable with eye/safety glasses. Fixed that problem w/ some different safety glasses and aftermarket ear pieces.

I also have theses below which are the best money can buy IMO. I don’t have experience e with any others but there are several al other brands out there.

https://srstactical.com/featured-products/msa-sordin-supreme-pro-x-hearing-protection-headset.html

Posted By: Judd

Re: Electronic Hearing protection - 09/22/19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Theringworm
Scroll down in this Forum and you will see a similar discussion. I have the Howard Leights which are good for noise cancellation but can get uncomfortable with eye/safety glasses. Fixed that problem w/ some different safety glasses and aftermarket ear pieces.

I also have theses below which are the best money can buy IMO. I don’t have experience e with any others but there are several al other brands out there.

https://srstactical.com/featured-products/msa-sordin-supreme-pro-x-hearing-protection-headset.html

^^^^ This

I also have both and always wore plugs under the Leight's. I don't wear plugs under the MSA and the comfort in the gel ear cups are amazing!
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Electronic Hearing protection - 09/24/19 10:15 PM

Awfully pricey for the guy who has already wrecked his ears and wears hearing aids. But, I wish I had gotten something like that.
Posted By: 09Aggie

Re: Electronic Hearing protection - 12/21/19 03:27 AM

I got a set of Walker Razors ($40) a few years back and they were a game changer. Enhanced hearing and ear protection as good as anything when the shot comes. I started wearing them on the shooting range at work as well. Highly recommend, and at $40 not much of an investment.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum