Texas Hunting Forum

best snake chaps

Posted By: chigh_six9

best snake chaps - 09/19/19 12:23 PM

been looking at snake chaps lately and just wanting some opinions on the type some of yall have used. pros and cons and durability and comfort ability if there is such a thing lol best type for the money etc etc.
thanks in advance! or maybe even a good snake boot that wont cost an arm and a leg
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: best snake chaps - 09/19/19 10:16 PM

Check these guys out, they are reasonably priced and offer several different option from chaps, to leg guards to boots.
http://www.foreverlastonline.com/Snake-Guard-Products_c_23.html

Re: best snake chaps - 09/19/19 10:58 PM

good deal, I'll definitely check it out! I was looking at these Razer Gaiters Snake Gaiters ones on amazon which seemed to be decent compared to the others on there for the price, but also not sure if I'd want the ones that cover me whole leg attaching to the belt 🤷‍♂️ but I do know 200 for some lace up boot styles dont sound too appealing at this time lol
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: best snake chaps - 09/20/19 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by chigh_six9
good deal, I'll definitely check it out! I was looking at these Razer Gaiters Snake Gaiters ones on amazon which seemed to be decent compared to the others on there for the price, but also not sure if I'd want the ones that cover me whole leg attaching to the belt 🤷‍♂️ but I do know 200 for some lace up boot styles dont sound too appealing at this time lol

Those are more expensive version of the foreverlast ones that academy and Bucees sells.

I use the foreverlast ones when Antelope hunting because they are cooler for long stalks

Re: best snake chaps - 09/20/19 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Those are more expensive version of the foreverlast ones that academy and Bucees sells.

I use the foreverlast ones when Antelope hunting because they are cooler for long stalks

bucees sells these??? I stop in the one they just opened up in melissa every morning lol I'll look there too and yeah I'm going to go by academy today after work
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: best snake chaps - 09/20/19 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

bucees sells these??? I stop in the one they just opened up in melissa every morning lol I'll look there too and yeah I'm going to go by academy today after work

Yes, I wear leather hiking boots under mine. I love my danner snake boots but my feet sweat way to much in them if I have to walk far
Posted By: killen

Re: best snake chaps - 09/20/19 10:36 PM

forestry suppliers on e bay dans hunting gear

Re: best snake chaps - 09/21/19 01:47 AM

cool thanks for the input I'll be checking around this weekend
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: best snake chaps - 09/21/19 09:20 PM

I have been using TurtleSkin chaps for the past 5 years. Love them.

Re: best snake chaps - 09/23/19 03:49 PM

so I picked up some true timber snake chaps from cabelas, probably over paid but shoot, I live 6min away from the one in allen so convenience was great in that aspect. I got the ones that loops to your belt. tried them out last night setting my game camera up and they seemed to have worked great, didnt move from where I initially put them, was pretty comfortable as far as kneeling, climbing in a tree, kinda quick stepping through brush. I think the only thing I would do is find a couple of velcro straps and sew them on the top section about the middle of the thigh to close the gap of the thin material to keep burs from getting in that section. (I was in shorts and they were getting stuck in my leg hairs lol) another selling point for me was they had them in brown. will update later on the more I wear them as far as durability or if they start moving around more and whatnot.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum