Texas Hunting Forum

Irish Setter Vaprtek Snake boots

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Irish Setter Vaprtek Snake boots - 09/09/19 06:09 PM

Purchased a pair the week before dove season opened. Hands down the best snake boots I’ve owned. Comfortable, easy to take off, lightweight and wears like a tennis shoe. Only down side is the boots have mostly eyelets vs hooks like the Red Heads. I had gone cheap before with two pair or Red Head and one pair of Magellan. All three of the previous pairs/brands disappointed big time. I have to say the but once cry once rule really applies to snake boots.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Irish Setter Vaprtek Snake boots - 09/10/19 05:28 PM

I think Irish Setter is an underrated brand. I have a pair of insulated VAPRTREK hunting boots and really like them. Great fit, very comfortable. I suspect if you're very, very hard on boots these may not hold up long term but they don't break the bank, either.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Irish Setter Vaprtek Snake boots - 09/11/19 08:42 AM

The reviews on their website seem to indicate they're not very durable.
Posted By: Nate C.

Re: Irish Setter Vaprtek Snake boots - 09/17/19 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by kry226
The reviews on their website seem to indicate they're not very durable.

I can not speak to the snake boot specifically, but I own two pair of the VaprTrek boots (8" and 5') and they are hands down the best footwear I have ever encountered. I have abused both in all terrain. They are durable, comfortable and breathable. I can't say enough good things about them. Wish I owned stock in the company.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Irish Setter Vaprtek Snake boots - 09/25/19 04:30 PM

2 thumbs up for Irish Setter boots!
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Irish Setter Vaprtek Snake boots - 10/14/19 09:29 PM

I wore these all through last hunting season. My feet never got cold one time. Flat loved them while hunting muleys up in the Panhandle. Had to replace the strings once this summer.
© 2019 Texas Hunting Forum