Texas Hunting Forum

Hard Rifle Case Recommendations

Posted By: Ramsey

Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/27/19 05:07 PM

No budget, I want to transport long gun or guns for life, no budget as I will buy what meets my goals.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/27/19 06:06 PM

Pelican. If you can destroy a Pelican, you can destroy any other case, but faster.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/27/19 07:44 PM

How are you transporting? Only reason I ask is airlines have size restrictions...

Pelicans are some of the best made imo. I have a pelican relabel and really like it
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/27/19 07:57 PM

Pelican just watch for the sales!
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/27/19 10:04 PM

Pelican. They’re worth the price in my opinion. As snake oil said watch for the sales. Then go to academy, they beat anyone’s sale price by 10%. They just don’t advertise it.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/28/19 12:28 AM

Pelican.

$6000 worth of rifle and optic, $200 worth of rifle case is cheap insurance. Mine has been in all weather the south west can throw at it. The contents were perfectly safe, and it is still going strong after being used every week for 8 years.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/28/19 01:18 AM

JG that’s a good point. I know many people with expensive rifles who think I’m crazy for spending the money on a pelican. I honestly think they’re stupid and tell them as much. It’s cheap insurance.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/28/19 05:04 PM

Pelican for the win
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/28/19 05:41 PM

Did that one case not work out?
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/30/19 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Pelican.

$6000 worth of rifle and optic, $200 worth of rifle case is cheap insurance. Mine has been in all weather the south west can throw at it. The contents were perfectly safe, and it is still going strong after being used every week for 8 years.

Exactly!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 07/30/19 06:20 PM

I have a couple of the "Bullet Proof" aluminum cases from Cabela's. They're indestructible but probably weigh a lot more than the Pelican. Pelican is what I'll buy if I need another, because the bullet proof with two rifles in it is HEAVY!
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 08/02/19 09:47 PM

Pelican's ain't exactly light! I have two of the long ones, 1750's I think, with wheels. Hot-wire cut the foam to fit everything and makes a nice package. One of them I picked up at a pawn shop for $70.00. One of the foam pieces had been mangled, but I got a 2-pack from Pelican for like 50 bucks. There was a news story or something a few years ago, it may have been a thread on here, where a high-end rifle in a Pelican case got dropped on the highway somehow. If I remember correctly the guy got his rifle back. The case was toast but the rifle and glass were unscathed.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 08/10/19 04:20 AM

Pelican
Posted By: Erny

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 08/10/19 04:32 AM

I have a Boyt and really like it. Used it for flying and it worked like a champ. Pelican cases are very good as well. Too heavy for me that’s why I chose the Boyt.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 08/13/19 04:21 AM

I have cabelas and pelican and can't tell the difference other than cabelas were much cheaper.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 08/14/19 12:32 AM

I bought the SKB 4 gun case. I liked it over the Pelican because it is a little wider and easier to fit 2 scoped guns side by side and will hold 4 guns total, or 2 guns on one side and the other side for ammo, mags, etc. Also, you don't have to cut the foam which was a necessity for me since I use several different guns. It was around $300...

https://www.amazon.com/SKB-2SKB-5014-ATA-Quad-Rifle-Case/dp/B001B92OQC
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 08/16/19 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by huntingag01
I have cabelas and pelican and can't tell the difference other than cabelas were much cheaper.

+1
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 09/09/19 01:53 AM

Pelican has kept my scrap iron safe.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 09/09/19 02:05 PM

Here's my go to.

https://www.bisoncoolers.com/collections/bison-hard-cases
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Hard Rifle Case Recommendations - 09/10/19 12:41 AM

IMO the best case for the money:

https://www.harborfreight.com/9800-weatherproof-protective-rifle-case-long-64520.html

An even greater deal with an easy to find 20% or 25% off coopun.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum