Texas Hunting Forum

400 grams thinsulate 3m

Posted By: Desert Coyote

400 grams thinsulate 3m - 01/31/19 02:05 PM

I went to Bass pro shop to buy some snake boots but I found out I couldn't get them zipped up over my calves. So in about a pair of Redheads that were on sale. They are Gore-Tex 400g thinsulate 3M. My question is is 400g insulated is that too thin for West Texas winter? What do y'all think?
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: 400 grams thinsulate 3m - 01/31/19 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
I went to Bass pro shop to buy some snake boots but I found out I couldn't get them zipped up over my calves. So in about a pair of Redheads that were on sale. They are Gore-Tex 400g thinsulate 3M. My question is is 400g insulated is that too thin for West Texas winter? What do y'all think?

Not with the right wool socks and toe warmers
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: 400 grams thinsulate 3m - 01/31/19 08:10 PM

I've never understood insulated snake boots.

If it's cold enough for insulated boots, snakes aren't a problem. And when snakes are a problem, those boots are going to be HOT.

Get some insulated boots and some snake boots, but not in the same pair.
Posted By: papa45

Re: 400 grams thinsulate 3m - 02/11/19 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by Desert Coyote

Not with the right wool socks and toe warmers

400g is more than fine if you're moving. Can get a little cold sitting in an elevated stand for several hours; then, what DQ Kid said.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum