Texas Hunting Forum

Inflatable kayaks

Posted By: luv2brode

Inflatable kayaks - 01/04/19 05:36 PM

Anyone use one? Any Good? I have a couple of plastic sit on kayaks but looking at these for better traveling/ space saving issue
Thoughts
Thanks
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Inflatable kayaks - 01/05/19 12:24 AM

The wife has an inflatable kayak and a sit-on. Her opinion is that if you don’t have space for a sit-on, then an inflatable is OK. If you do have space, get the sit-on. The wind will blow an inflatable around way too much to be comfortable.

Re: Inflatable kayaks - 01/05/19 02:36 AM

Ok hadn't thought of wind issue
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Inflatable kayaks - 01/06/19 04:37 AM

Don't do it

My buddy got one. Praised how tough it was and that you could hit it with the claw end of a hammer. Like you it was the perfect kayak for space.

Needless to say in the couple of years he used it, its gotten patch work. Until it ripped in the seem. It is now useless.

The cost of repair has him looking at new kayaks.

And for what he paid for it, he could have gotten a top of the line name brand yak.

Re: Inflatable kayaks - 01/06/19 06:38 PM

I can see what your talking about. I have 2 10ft sit on but dragging the travel trailer be tons easier w something colapsable. They all gonna get torn up eventually ya hit rocks w them, might just have to stick w what I got til they go was thinking about selling and replacing
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Inflatable kayaks - 01/06/19 07:07 PM

The wife, as I mentioned earlier, has a 10’ sit-on and the inflatable. She grew to dislike the inflatable, so she insisted that I put a kayak rack on the truck. I found a reasonably priced rack. Now we take the sit-on when we drag the TT.

As for my boat needs, I finally bought an 8’ plastic boat that will fit in the truck bed, if I prop one end on the tailgate. The boat, with a trolling motor and deep cycle battery, will let me bass and crappie fish while she paddles aimlessly around. And, let me mention that I’ve really gotten on the Bass at Inks Lake ST Park, and the crappie at Liberty Hill ST Park. And it’s peaceful fishing, with the wife in her kayak.

Re: Inflatable kayaks - 01/06/19 10:01 PM

Good info guess I might have to find a roof rack or a headache rack
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum