Texas Hunting Forum

Danner Pronghorn Boots

Posted By: CB09

Danner Pronghorn Boots - 11/25/18 09:05 PM

Any reviews in them or other Danner boots? Looking for something other than my Red Wings to wear. Tired of coming home with wet boots from the morning dew on the ground.
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 11/26/18 01:02 AM

I own two pair of Pronghorn boots. One pair for warm weather and a pair for really cold weather (800 Gram thinsulate). I've had them for 5 years and I love them. I keep them water proof all year long and I've never had an issue. They will pick up mud and can get heavy, but that will happen with any boot.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 11/26/18 01:17 AM

Danner made great boots for a lot of years. They aren’t worth a chit now. They’ll never get another dollar from me.
Posted By: CB09

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 11/26/18 01:52 AM

What brand do you suggest then?
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 11/26/18 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
Danner made great boots for a lot of years. They aren’t worth a chit now. They’ll never get another dollar from me.

Danner that say made in us are good. But they are just a field boot

I have been wearing my lowas a lot more lately
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 11/26/18 09:17 PM

I wear Pronghorns and never had a problem with them...
Posted By: grizzlyman

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 12/01/18 10:19 PM

I have Pronghorn 400gr and the Pronghorn Lace up, side zip snake boots. I love them.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 12/02/18 02:11 PM

go with Kenetrek boots. worth the money.
Posted By: Tedmatthews

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 12/23/18 05:28 PM

I have had my Danners Pronghorn boots for 10 years. I love walking in them. The stitching, on the outside, of both boots stsrtied coming out last year. I quail hunt at least once a week so I think they have held up pretty well.
I went on their website and saw where you can send them in and get new sticking, laces and the leather refurbished for $90
The wife got me a new pair for Christmas.
Posted By: SenkoSamurai

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 01/30/19 04:23 PM

I have the Danner Gila 8" and have nothing but good to say about them. Perfect amount of break in over the years while still maintaining good support and waterproof
Posted By: LG

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 01/30/19 06:24 PM

Love my Danners
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 01/30/19 09:52 PM

Wore Danners for years and loved them. Three years ago at the Shot Show was looking for new boots so tried on every good looking hunting boot I could find (over half dozen different brands). I had never worn Lowas and since that show, that is all the hunting boots I wear. Just ordered a new pair of lightweight boots yesterday. I went online and purchased the Zephyr GTX Mid TF. It is a hiking/hunting boot. Planning to order a pair of the Z-8S GTX next week. You can't have too many boots when you are lion hunting in snow.
Adios,
Gary

P.S. They are not one of my sponsors......
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Danner Pronghorn Boots - 01/30/19 10:00 PM

Danners from military days 50 years ago and still wear their brand for hunting/snake boots.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum