Texas Hunting Forum

warm hunting glove recommendations...

Posted By: Whack n stack

warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/14/18 09:56 PM

was just on a duck hunt last weekend with my dad and his hands were freezing saturday morning. he asked me for recommendations on warm gloves so i told him i would ask the forum. what would yall recommend or have yall had good experiences with? thanks in advance.
Posted By: Buffs 1

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/14/18 10:34 PM

This might sound odd, but I recommend not wearing gloves. Get a muff style hand warmer or just keep your hands in your pockets. Unless it's in the low teens or colder, I usually wear gloves to set up and then take them off. Your hands warm up faster, and stay warmer, if you just put them in your pockets.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/15/18 03:54 AM

Muffs with or without hand warmers is a good choice. Trick on gloves if you wear them is to put them on when your hands are warm, like in the truck. Putting gloves on cold hands just locks in the cold. Or put them on cold and stuff in a hand warmer.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/15/18 10:12 AM

When your hands are warm, put on a pair of nurse gloves. Then a warm pair over them.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/15/18 11:09 AM

Kuiu is having a sale 'til Nov. 18th. I saw some gloves on there. My hands crack and fingers split, especially this time of year. Gloves are a must.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/15/18 01:21 PM

I have found that a pair of the cheap wool gloves with full or half fingers with a pair of mittens that has the fold back capability to shoot a gun works best for me. Used them years ago when I was duck hunting. I still use the arrangement. The wool gloves hold the heat even if wet. I have never found a pair of gloves, no matter the brand or cost that that will keep my hands warm. Look at what the hunters & natives in the extreme cold of northern Canada wear. Gloves under mittens.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/15/18 01:40 PM

Arctic Shield from BassPro is what I use when driving the SxS. That’s all I use then cow because they are a little noisy, but have never scared anything away. I usually put my hands in my pockets when hunting.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/15/18 10:58 PM

I usually put my hands in my pockets when hunting. also use a muff with hand warmer
with hand warmers

duck hunting parkas have the high hand-warmer pockets
Posted By: JCB

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/16/18 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Arctic Shield from BassPro is what I use when driving the SxS. That’s all I use then cow because they are a little noisy, but have never scared anything away. I usually put my hands in my pockets when hunting.

Artic Shield is the best I have found as well. I bought mine years ago when Walmart use to sell them but not sure if they still do. They have held up well over the years.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/16/18 08:59 AM

Neoprene Diving Gloves. They;re a high performance version of "decoy gloves".

Available in wrist to elbow length, they're waterproof, warm, durable, and very inexpensive. The longer length gloves have plenty of room to slide a pocket warmer inside. Slide it inside the glove on the underside of arm, it'll keep his hands warm.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/16/18 09:28 PM

Nylon or polypropylene glove liners with wool gloves. For windy conditions, wear leather shells.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/17/18 03:38 PM

thanks for the recommendations.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: warm hunting glove recommendations... - 11/26/18 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Kuiu is having a sale 'til Nov. 18th. I saw some gloves on there. My hands crack and fingers split, especially this time of year. Gloves are a must.

These are worth the money...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum