Texas Hunting Forum

Game Camera issues

Posted By: bholt

Game Camera issues - 09/14/18 04:39 PM

I am having issues with my game cameras and SD cards. I have 3 browning strike force and 1 moultrie 880 cameras. Over the years ever so often I go to transfer my pictures from my sd card to my phone and what comes up shows different folders or if right they show what looks like Japanese writing. Anyone know what causes this I used to think k it was a bad card, but I think it might have something to do with formatting
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Game Camera issues - 09/14/18 05:15 PM

Could be formatting. I make sure that I use same cards in all my Browning Strike Force TC. Have a large pill bottle with several SD cards and it is marked B for just my Browning cards. I have other cards for my other cameras that haven't petered out
Posted By: rickym

Re: Game Camera issues - 09/14/18 05:35 PM

Likely a formatting issue.
Posted By: Cajunrotor

Re: Game Camera issues - 09/15/18 12:43 AM

I had a similar experience with my Stealth cams. I called Customer Service and they recommended a full, not a quick, format of the sd card before putting it in the camera. Since I started doing that I've not had any issues.

texas[u][/u]
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Game Camera issues - 09/15/18 01:49 AM

It is formatting. A card used in a Moultree will not work in a browning and visa versa.
Same with Bushnell and other brands.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: Game Camera issues - 09/15/18 03:37 AM

If you delete your pics on the SD card in a Browning camera they are then formatted for the Browning camera.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Game Camera issues - 09/15/18 05:51 AM

Always best to format the card with the camera in which that card will be used.
Posted By: bholt

Re: Game Camera issues - 09/15/18 11:25 PM

10-4, thanks guys I checked cameras today after formatting all cards in my brownings. They all had pictures and are working right. Thanks again folks,learned something.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum