Texas Hunting Forum

New Dove Belt Recommendations

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/14/18 05:04 PM

First, I much prefer the belt type of ammo/bird bags to the vest type for dove hunting. So much cooler and no movement restrictions. I've been using a generic type that's fairly heavy duty cloth for the last 20 years or so, but it's on it's last legs. I've repaired the stitching on several seams, but it's just flat worn out. I'm looking at a Beretta brand waxed cotton model that seems really nice, but has zero reviews. Does anyone have any first hand experience with one of these? Or can you recommend something similar? I like good quality stuff that lasts. Thanks

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/327580...ton-leather-tan
Posted By: leswad

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/15/18 04:39 AM

The belt sucked, but the bags are great. These are 50 off right now

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-waxwear-waterproof-triple-game-belt/ca3720610832/
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/15/18 04:36 PM

Are the bags attached to the belt, or do they slide off? Looks like they slide off.
Posted By: Cajun_in_Texas

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/16/18 12:52 AM

I have this Filson bag and am very happy. Should last a very long time. Very high quality.
My only improvement would be a wider belt if they offered it.

Seems like I paid about $90 from Carters Country in Houston.

Posted By: Greg Z

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/18/18 06:24 PM

Found mine at Ray's. They had a nice selection.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/19/18 01:31 AM

Filson, if you're not fat, same with the one from the King Ranch catalog
Posted By: Critterskinner

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/19/18 04:59 AM

I have a Jon Hart Bird Bag in Game Gaurd Camo that is awesome. I have had it for a long time amd it has held up well.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/19/18 05:38 AM

Army surplus web gear suspenders with a pistol belt, a fanny pack and 2 ammo pouches, mine is 45 plus years old. I put a plastic grocery sack in the fanny pack to put the birds in, and carry a ziplock bag for when I clean them. Whne quail hunting I also added canteens of water for myself and the dogs.

Mine looks like this.
Posted By: leswad

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/19/18 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Texan Til I Die
Are the bags attached to the belt, or do they slide off? Looks like they slide off.

They come off.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 08/20/18 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Army surplus web gear suspenders with a pistol belt, a fanny pack and 2 ammo pouches, mine is 45 plus years old. I put a plastic grocery sack in the fanny pack to put the birds in, and carry a ziplock bag for when I clean them. Whne quail hunting I also added canteens of water for myself and the dogs.

Mine looks like this.

I use the same thing....
Posted By: nocknload

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 09/13/18 03:55 PM

Cabelas sold a similar canvas bird bag to the Filson's at $50
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 09/21/18 06:48 AM

I have been using the Orvis for 9 years now and will last a lifetime. They have metal rings at top that stay open for quick shell retrieval. I wanted a Filson waxed but were out and had an Orvis gift card. Still are $150.

https://m.orvis.com/product/convertible-...QhoCygAQAvD_BwE

Posted By: crapicat

Re: New Dove Belt Recommendations - 10/09/18 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Cajun_in_Texas
I have this Filson bag and am very happy. Should last a very long time. Very high quality.
My only improvement would be a wider belt if they offered it.

Seems like I paid about $90 from Carters Country in Houston.

This is the setup I use for dove, or sporting clays. Had it for probably six years now...still In Fantastic shape. I would buy another in a heartbeat...got mine from Robert at Texas Outdoors, in FTW. I got a good bunch of Filson gear, for those really nasty days, when I want to go, regardless of the poor weather conditions. Can’t coment on the Beretta, other than to say waxed cotton stuff is a good way to go, just test it for thickness. The thicker the better in most all applications. I just always remember Filson logo. “ might as well have the best”...good luck in your decision making.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum