Texas Hunting Forum

Hunters Safety System (HSS)

Posted By: cheetah577

Hunters Safety System (HSS) - 08/13/18 09:19 PM

Does anyone use the Hunters Safety System when in a tree stand? I've never used it, but thinking about it now that I'm old and hitting the ground from 20' would really suck.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Hunters Safety System (HSS) - 08/13/18 10:03 PM

Every time along with safety rope going up. Have the older style harness these new jacket types look great.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Hunters Safety System (HSS) - 08/14/18 02:31 AM

Absolutely- any treestand I'm using an HSS harness and either the linemans belt or a prusik on the climb. Seen way too many falls--- never had a stand give way on me but had some pucker factor moments with my climber when I've tried to hard to make a spot work.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Hunters Safety System (HSS) - 08/16/18 12:14 PM

Better use one! Just hung all my ropes again Monday.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Hunters Safety System (HSS) - 08/16/18 08:45 PM

Yes sir the new vest style HSS are nice. I can't believe all the trees I used to climb, dangle from limbs, lean out for shots, hanging stands over the years and never had a bad injury. I did have a 20' ladder stand shift on me one time when turning around to shoot behind my shoulder, luckily I dropped and rolled to lessen the impact. Scared the crap of me.

Now I don't leave home without HSS vest system and adding the safety lines for while climbing up/down. Do it for you loved ones.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum