Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for holster

Posted By: MoTex

Looking for holster - 06/15/18 11:33 PM

I purchased the RIA 1911 Match Tact Ultra high capacity 10 mm 6" barrel. I'm looking for a chest/shoulder rig holster that will work to carry hunting. Any ideas?
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Re: Looking for holster - 06/20/18 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By: MoTex
I purchased the RIA 1911 Match Tact Ultra high capacity 10 mm 6" barrel. I'm looking for a chest/shoulder rig holster that will work to carry hunting. Any ideas?

DM Bullard. Azle TX.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Looking for holster - 06/28/18 12:10 AM

I carry my Glock 10mm in one of these:

https://gunfightersinc.com/products__trashed/kenai-chest-holster/

Not sure if they make a model for your pistol, though...
Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: Looking for holster - 06/28/18 05:58 AM

I like the Diamond D Leather shoulder holster, Guides Choice. You can also get a extra magazine pouch on it as well. I have several and highly recommend it. Check them out on the internet, it can't be beat!!
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Looking for holster - 06/28/18 10:51 AM

Yeah, I agree. I have one that I carry my Glock in. Great fit on the pistol, lots of adjustment in the rig itself. I can carry my pistol all day and not know its there. A lot of advantages over hip carry when hunting and spending the day outdoors when you're going to be active. Diamond D has metal replica forms of nearly pistol out there that they build to.
Originally Posted By: Lone Ranger
I like the Diamond D Leather shoulder holster, Guides Choice. You can also get a extra magazine pouch on it as well. I have several and highly recommend it. Check them out on the internet, it can't be beat!!
Posted By: Cajun_in_Texas

Re: Looking for holster - 07/16/18 11:55 PM

I picked up a El Paso Saddlery 1942 Tanker holster and I highly recommend it.

Posted By: jimmyboy

Re: Looking for holster - 07/17/18 09:26 PM

Mo Tex check out Simply Rugged Holsters.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Looking for holster - 07/27/18 04:30 PM

Check El Paso Saddlery...They custom make anything you want.
Posted By: MoTex

Re: Looking for holster - 07/28/18 03:39 PM

Thanks for the replies, a lot of choices!
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Looking for holster - 08/01/18 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: snake oil
Check El Paso Saddlery...They custom make anything you want.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Looking for holster - 09/14/18 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: onlysmith&wesson
Yeah, I agree. I have one that I carry my Glock in. Great fit on the pistol, lots of adjustment in the rig itself. I can carry my pistol all day and not know its there. A lot of advantages over hip carry when hunting and spending the day outdoors when you're going to be active. Diamond D has metal replica forms of nearly pistol out there that they build to.
Originally Posted By: Lone Ranger

Another vote for the Diamond D. Carry all day no problems, extremely well made.

Diamond D
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum