Texas Hunting Forum

Breaking in Boots

Posted By: YanceyTX_Hunter

Breaking in Boots - 12/07/17 02:45 PM

Bought a new pair of Justin Boots for the ranch I had tried them on at academy and they fit just fine. Ended up finding em online and ordered them because they were about 25$ cheaper. Well got them in last night and it was hell getting the right one on this morning! What do you guys normally do to loosen up a boot or boots?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Breaking in Boots - 12/07/17 03:09 PM

Take them to a cobbler and have them stretched to fit. Usually $15
Posted By: Duck Buster

Re: Breaking in Boots - 12/07/17 06:21 PM

Wear them and get them wet. Walk in them wet until they dry and they will form to your foot better.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Breaking in Boots - 12/08/17 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Duck Buster
Wear them and get them wet. Walk in them wet until they dry and they will form to your foot better.
Yup....soak them good then wear them til they're dry....... up
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Breaking in Boots - 12/10/17 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted By: Duck Buster
Yup....soak them good then wear them til they're dry....... up

I always gave them a good soaking in rubbing alcohol, helped cure the inevitable blisters
Posted By: trigger time

Re: Breaking in Boots - 12/11/17 07:39 PM

Get some obenauf's. Cabelas carries it. It'll help loosen them up, also condition them if you go the water route.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Breaking in Boots - 12/15/17 07:06 PM

send them back... I have tried stretching shoes in the past with 0 success.
Posted By: JKib

Re: Breaking in Boots - 12/15/17 10:07 PM

Man, my last new pair for work fit great at the store and my first time to wear them I was on nights so I didn't walk much.. needless to say within a couple hours I couldn't stand to wear them anymore. I couldn't wear them long at all for a little while, but when I did I made sure I was on days, outside walking around in the summer heat. Once I did that, the heat and moisture allowed them to loosen up quickly.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum