Texas Hunting Forum

Game camera mounting

Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 03:08 AM

How is everyone mounting their cameras? I've got one of mine on a small mesquite about the size of a man's thigh with the top cut out and I'm getting way to many pictures of nothing. I have the camera sensitivity turned to low and it doesn't seem like the Bush moves around much by hand but apparently it does. I'm assuming I need to move it to a t-post to limit the pics of nothing but landscape? Anyone have any other tricks. This is my first year using a trail cam so don't kill me to bad.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Game camera mounting - 12/01/17 08:21 AM

Your camera could be getting trigger by tall weeds blowing in the wind or a bird flying by. If the trail camera's trigger speed is not fast enough you will never see the birds.
Posted By: tmkbdd

Re: Game camera mounting - 12/03/17 05:47 PM

I weld 1/4" steel to a T post and bolt a steel security case to it. Can be put anywhere!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Game camera mounting - 12/03/17 10:50 PM

Mounted plywood to T-post with U bolts. Mounted plywood to tree with screws and shims. Always used weed eater on all grasses in front of camera, trim brush back at least 30-40 feet out front. Don't mount it too high like to keep mine about waist high.
Posted By: Single Shot

Re: Game camera mounting - 12/04/17 01:57 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KTaLYfog3O0&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: KeithTT

Re: Game camera mounting - 12/08/17 07:51 AM

T mate
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum