Texas Hunting Forum

Best game camera for under $100

Posted By: Lildude91

Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 12:05 AM

I know the question has probably been asked a thousand times, but I haven't been on in awhile and in yalls opinion what's the best game camera under $100
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 12:16 AM

Moultrie
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 02:59 AM

Anything but wildgame innovations
Posted By: Texmel

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 12:23 PM

I've got a good number of pics with Bushnell Trophy Camo Model 119425. Will be returning some Moultrie latest cameras to Cabelas for a refund.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 02:10 PM

I have seen a few brownings on sale for under 100. They are very good cameras.

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Aggieman775
I have seen a few brownings on sale for under 100. They are very good cameras.
they usually have some good discounts at Academy on brownings after deer season.

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 06:39 PM

10-4 thanks everybody
Posted By: bbqfan5909

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 08:09 PM

Browning strike force hands down.

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/09/17 08:36 PM

I went and bought a stealth cam QS12K at academy it was on sale for $52.00. Anybody ever used this brand.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/10/17 01:32 AM

I've had Stealth and they love batteries. I was lucky to get 6 weeks out of them. This was not that active of a feeder so it wasn't a lot of pics in that time frame. It seemed like every time I checked it was dead.

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/10/17 01:57 AM

I got 2 stealth cams at Walmart for 18 dollars a pop because stealth cam released their new line of cams.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/10/17 02:11 AM

Get another 10$ and buy a browning strike force elite hd . A+
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/10/17 02:48 AM

I have several different t brands of cameras including stealthcam. I can get about 10,000 pics out of 8-AA batteries. If it's really cold less.

I would really like to get a browning camera FWIW.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/10/17 02:23 PM

My stealth cam does not eat batteries. It may be worse on a different setting.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/11/17 02:55 AM

I have a wildlife innovations for over a year. no real issues and paid less than 60 for it.
Posted By: JDMore

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/22/17 03:37 PM

Ive got 5 WGI Terra 5 cameras out. Batteries last 3+ months and paid around $40 for each of them. Not the greatest cameras, but they get the job done.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/22/17 10:12 PM

I've been using the Primos truthcam 35's for about 5 years. Cost about $80 and takes pretty good pictures. Downside is that they only last about 3 years before the plastic that covers the sensor starts to get brittle and fails.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/27/17 10:05 PM

The moultrie's are ok. Expect about 2-3 years out of them. Just got back from my place and ants had infiltrated my cameras and shorted a couple of them out.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/27/17 11:49 PM

Been using Moultrie's for about 8 yrs or so, and keep at least half a dozen going year around. Some last 6 months, some a couple years. Bad thing I found out was if I bought half a dozen at one time to stock up, the warranty starts then. If I leave one or two laying around for a year, the warranty is gone.....so if you want to use one, buy it and put it to use right away if you want it to be covered by warranty..
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/28/17 12:00 AM

Browning. I have a Strike Force that's 2 years old and the PIR lens broke (cows probably). Called Browning customer support, talked to a real person, said just send it in and they'll replace the lens, no charge, just shipping. Been a great camera.
Posted By: llbts1

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 10/29/17 04:29 AM

Browning.
BPS just had a sale on the Command Ops for 79.00. Academy would beat the price by 5%. Good camera for the money.
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/04/17 05:45 AM

So far from last year, I have had to return 4 different Moultrie cameras to Bass Pro, had to send another one back to Moultrie to be replaced and just sent out my M-999i game camera because that camera junked out on me too. They discontinued them for awhile and then put them back up for sale at half price since they received a ton of them back from all the stores that were selling them. I had two of their mobile modems and had to return one of them because I couldn’t find a second Moultrie game camera that would work to use it with. Now I have a bunch of CamLock Boxes that I will never be able to use now. Really disappointed with the quality of Moultrie game cameras these days. I gave them an ear full over the phone and told them if this S-50i game camera junks out on me too then I want them to give me a $200 credit to use towards one of their feeders because I am getting tired of driving back to stores to return their crappy cameras and spending money to ship their broken cameras back to them to be replaced with another camera that craps the bed on me. Can you tell that I am annoyed with Moultrie lol. Cuddeback cameras have been working well for me and their CuddePower battery pack helps the camera work for over a year without needing to have the batteries replaced.
Posted By: Trophytaker3

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/06/17 05:56 PM

I got a Bresser game cam at walmart 30 buck + SD card (micro SD) Works good had it for one year, use pretty much everyday, batteries are still full, great quality pics.
Posted By: kman2017

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/07/17 03:13 AM

I think tractor supply has a two pack on sale for $100 right now.
Posted By: waderaider1

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/07/17 11:48 AM

i bought an off brand by apeman. nice little camera.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/09/17 02:01 PM

Wildgame

It's a crap shoot, but you might get a solid camera.

I've got a four year old Blade 5 Wildgame that's still producing quality pictures (has taken 30K-50K pictures)
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/14/17 04:39 PM

I have had quite a few. Try to catch them on sale and try them out. I think I got lucky with my WGI judging from most reviews. It is pretty solid contender. I don't like the battery tray though. I have an older Moultrie that takes pics whenever it feels like it. The bushnell I have as a problem with the flash and lighting at dusk and dawn. You won't see anything but a white screen. 1st primos broke within a month of use. Just quit. Sent it back and got a different one in the mail. and the battery terminals broke when installing batteries. I fixed those my way and so far so good on the second other than I can't always tell that it has power. Just bought a stealth to try out.

Anybody try a cabelas brand?
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/15/17 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo1
Browning. I have a Strike Force that's 2 years old and the PIR lens broke (cows probably). Called Browning customer support, talked to a real person, said just send it in and they'll replace the lens, no charge, just shipping. Been a great camera.

Update - FedEx just came. Opened the box to a brand new camera and a note saying "Valued Browning Trail Camera Customer. The trail camera that you sent in for warranty service was found to have a defect and was replaced. The replacement trail camera has a one-year warranty from the date of receipt."

The camera was a couple of years old and they gave me a new one, didn't even charge for shipping, now that's great customer service!
Posted By: DH3

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/15/17 10:01 PM

Primos Truth prints date, time , temperature and pictures are top quality.
Posted By: TruckMan66

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/17/17 06:56 AM

Ok, we have 1 cuddeback (too confusing for me) and the rest are Wildgame cameras. Been using them for about 4 years now. 8 out of 12 months they are in the field. We use Harborfreight rechargeable batteries. We get about 1000 or so pictures on one charge. But we also are lucky enough to go to the land about one time a month in the off season. Pictures are good. Not GREAT, but we have no problem telling what's what. Night time could be better for sure. But the price is right and we have about 9 or 10 cameras so it could get expensive real quick.
Posted By: TXRobTRX

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/24/17 04:17 PM

Everyone at our deer lease has switched to Stealth Cam. I am using the 8MP with IR flash and got them for less than $80. To me, the 8MP is plenty and this model comes with great features.

Posted By: 045ACP

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/27/17 02:52 AM

Well, I don't know about the BEST game camera for under $100, but I can advise you on what NOT to buy - Moultrie A30i.

Pros:
- $80
- Good day time photo clarity and color
- Easy to set up
- Invisible LEDs
- No clicking sound when photos happen

Cons:
- Camera is trigger happy. Lots of photos of moving trees and grass. First night of use I got THREE HUNDRED photos in multi-shot mode.
- Despite ^^^ misses LOTS of pictures. There were 5 deer in the pen this AM and zero photos of them - an entire 35 minute span without a single photo.
- Anything more than 20 feet away at night is poor quality. Don't have this problem with my Browning (which also misses photos).
- Shutter speed is slow at night.
Posted By: quackedup

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 11/28/17 05:02 PM

i've bought used off of ebay and usually under $50, generally 8mp or less. Stealth and Primos have been good. WGI has been okay. I checked one of them last month and it was full of water, in the battery compartment, dried it out and it still works...not sure for how long but it takes pics.
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 01/03/18 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: bbqfan5909
Browning strike force hands down.

Just an FYI Academy has these on sale for $99 right now I picked up two today. We'll see how these last an perform
Posted By: KyleW

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 01/15/18 04:46 AM

If you want a cheap camera to try down a path you don't want to set a good cam on yet get a Tasco 6mp cam from Walmart. they run $25 and for the price it's decently clear. I had one set up in the yard for about a month just to try it and it took some good pics for the price. For those budget minded who want to set a few cameras up instead of one, I'd recommend it.
Posted By: TXRobTRX

Re: Best game camera for under $100 - 02/05/18 02:06 AM

here is my 2 cents -everyone has an opinion

You can save a lot of money being realistic about what you need. 8MP or less is MORE than enough for most game camera situations, and buying the "lower resolution" cameras will save you a bunch of money.

For us at our lease, the Stealthcams and the Brownings are the best value, with Stealthcam taking the nod unless you can buy the Browning on clearance.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum