Texas Hunting Forum

HCR Electronics

Posted By: txbigly

HCR Electronics - 10/01/17 03:17 PM

Anybody around Burnet know if HCR is still in business ????? Not returning emails and voicemail box is full. I need parts !!!
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/01/17 07:09 PM

I drove by their place about a week ago and it seemed they were still there...had a couple of feeders outside I think.

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/01/17 11:42 PM

Thanks, Guess Ill keep trying.

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/03/17 06:00 PM

I heard they are closed up or are about to. Still no answer or returned email. The timer Im replacing is 15 years old, wish I could get another one.

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/03/17 06:05 PM

They repaired 2 for me about two years ago. One is still going the other dumped a barrel of corn a day or two after it was reinstalled. They never answered my email about the one they failed to fix.

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/05/17 09:09 PM

I gave up and went a different route. If they arent closed they should be.
Posted By: bholt

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/07/17 02:24 PM

I have been using HCR equipment for more than 15 years. While I am not a dealer for them I have recommended and installed them on a lot of feeders I have sold. For the last few years though I have had problems getting stuff. I don't know whats going on but a couple years ago I had a customer looking for a solar panel. my distributor call HCR to place an order they were out and now idea when they would any, this was in October. Things have not got any better since then. If your issue is timer related look into THE Timer it is a very good timer. Sorry, to write this because I like Glen who started it all.

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/07/17 06:55 PM

I have met the owner a couple of times and he was very helpful.. The last time I was there it seemed obvious to me something had changed.

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/08/17 06:01 PM

Glen's son "G" took over never quite the same.

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/09/17 02:36 PM

Ive used there stuff for years also. I ended up replacing it last week with "The Timer". Same plug so it was simple. Always hate to see a good company go down like that.
Posted By: CB09

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/12/17 04:55 PM

So same connection just pug and go?

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/14/17 06:41 PM

Yepper
Posted By: JCB

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/14/17 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: CB09
So same connection just pug and go?

For the vast majority of their feeders yes. There was another timer HCR had for a little while that had a slightly different plug though. I think those timers were in a blue housing.

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/16/17 03:11 PM

You are correct sir

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/21/17 04:45 AM

Sorry, Yes its the same round 5 prong plug. Fast and easy.
Posted By: gollygee

Re: HCR Electronics - 10/29/17 05:03 PM

I too am a big fan of HCR products and really like Glen. Hope everything is well with him.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum