Texas Hunting Forum

Ozonics

Posted By: kdoskocil

Ozonics - 10/01/17 03:02 PM

I'll shoot everyone straight on this. I am skeptical of spending $500 on these devices but I have heard a lot of good things about them. I do a lot of my hunting from a tripod and a little bit from ground blinds. I am looking to buy one but wanted to hear some stories or true opinions and reviews from people that have used them.

Anything will help! Thanks guys.
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Ozonics - 10/18/17 05:39 AM

I have used the Ozonics HR-200 for 2 years and it works great in my blind. We dip Skoal and they come right up to the blind lol. It won't fool hogs from what the guy at the shop told me. I tried it out on hogs after last season and they seemed to be hesitant about coming out to my feeder. Once I shut it off, they came right in to the feeder and stayed. We don't dip while hog hunting and wear scent lok hoods. It was probably the sound of the fan that spooked them. The fan will make a little noise for the first 15 minutes but seems to get quieter over time. Where I hunt, the deer are skittish and it doesn't seem to spook them at all. We bought the XL battery since I spend long hours in my blind. For a mount I went to The Houston Camera Exchange and bought a really cool mount for it so I can have it mounted above me in my blind. For the price of it, they should have given better mounts for it. I have also tested it from the ground and it worked perfectly. Definitely gives you an edge but it really seems over priced. My wife bought it for me after the guy I trust at the archery shop that I go to, told me that if I didn't like it then I could return it. He only sells stuff that he has used himself and they are good people. He was right and it did work well for me. I will be using it with a natural ground blind this winter to take a deer with my recurve and get it all on video. I would buy it from a local shop so you can exchange it if you get one with a loud fan. I don't know if they have bad QC but I have read reviews that some of the units had loud fans and others that said that they couldn't hear the fan. You definitely want to have two windows open if you are using it in a blind so you can create an air flow with it. Deer seem to get a lot closer than when we were not using it so that's a plus. Hope this helps you out.
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Ozonics - 10/18/17 05:47 AM

The mount has a removable triangle that fits behind the tension bar. It makes it easier to mount it to a branch or bar and then folds up flat so you can put it in your backpack.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum