Texas Hunting Forum

Spot On Outdoors Hog Light

Posted By: n_rut

Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 08/27/17 01:39 AM

Anyone use this light on or near a feeder for hogs? Curious about the amount of light transmitted for hog hunting at nighttime. Any info. is appreciated and thanks
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 08/27/17 01:53 AM

I got the smaller one it's about 10
Ft off the ground and provides more than enough light

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 08/27/17 02:37 AM

Thanks, is it mounted on the feeder or feeder leg or on a post away from the feeder? It appears by looking at it that the LED's are in the little bulb on the opposite side from the solar panel. How is the "mode" set on this light? No instructions sent with my light. Thanks again

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 08/27/17 05:25 AM

I had mine originally on my feeder which is about 7 ft tall but moved it to another feeder and attached it to a 2x4 on a tree. You just use the little pin and stick it on the small hole on the bottom side. I'll take a pic of the instruction shortly

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 08/27/17 05:28 AM

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 08/27/17 01:24 PM

Thank you sir

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 08/27/17 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: n_rut
Thank you sir
No problem

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 09/01/17 07:06 PM

FYI, these people were bought out by Elusive Wildlife Systems according to a post I read.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 09/04/17 05:08 AM

Posted By: KeithTT

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 09/18/17 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: n_rut
FYI, these people were bought out by Elusive Wildlife Systems according to a post I read.

That is kinda correct, Elusive made me an offer that involved me being able to continue in the product development of these great lights and the future lights we are working on now. I'm not completely out of the picture but I did release all rights to Elusive and we are working thoroughly to make the lights better and even more affordable.

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 09/19/17 01:47 AM

Thanks Keith, good to hear. I put 1 of the small lights up this past weekend and ordered another last Friday. Good luck with your venture in the future.

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 10/04/17 12:55 AM

Question, fellow hunters using this light. What method are you using to mount/elevate your light to proper height besides mounting it to your feeder? Any ideas would be appreciated and thanks

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 10/06/17 10:04 PM

Bump it
Posted By: KeithTT

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 10/14/17 11:03 PM

T posts work well. Simply drive an 8ft t post a few yards from the feeder and zip tie the light to it and angle it to desired coverage.

Re: Spot On Outdoors Hog Light - 10/17/17 02:08 AM

Thanks Keith, will consider that
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum