Texas Hunting Forum

Game Cam issue

Posted By: Outfishdya

Game Cam issue - 10/04/15 01:23 PM

I have an older Moultrie M 80 and last year picked up a M 880. They are both on the same feed pen, and the new cam is taking about 300 useless pics a day. It is not set up to plot watch either. Could the other motion sensor be causing these issues? Has anyone had to deal with this before? They do face each other some what
Posted By: HogBranch

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/04/15 07:55 PM

Make sure weeds are not moving in front of camera, point camera slightly down, I f possible camera should face north to prevent the sun from triggering it.
Posted By: Woodrow1

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/04/15 11:18 PM

Had that issue with my moultrie

It was a small twig that was about two foot from the motion sensor. When the wind blew... It went off

Broke the twig off... Problem solved.
Posted By: Neckadawoods

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/04/15 11:45 PM

Ive had the same. Phantom pics I call them. Tried clearing a little more. No luck. Set up in my back yard with no brush or twigs. Same problem. Contacted Moultrie and sent it to them. They sent it back. No warranty. Said they do not repair anymore just replace. Stoking up on SD cards and batteries.

cool
Posted By: Bulldog4949

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/04/15 11:53 PM

I have the new m880 Gen 2, and I can change the motion sensory from high to low. Can you change this on yours?

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/05/15 04:59 AM

I dont remember what gen my cam is. I will double check the settings. It did this last year the first time out, but I thought I had it resolved. There is no twig swaying, many of these days have little or no wind at all. It seems to be the sun. The cam faces due north.

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/05/15 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Neckadawoods
Ive had the same. Phantom pics I call them. Tried clearing a little more. No luck. Set up in my back yard with no brush or twigs. Same problem. Contacted Moultrie and sent it to them. They sent it back. No warranty. Said they do not repair anymore just replace. Stoking up on SD cards and batteries.

cool

I will just set mine to video pr plpt watch. Do you get phantom videos too?
Posted By: Neckadawoods

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/09/15 09:34 PM

Have gotten phantom videos also. Just checked mine today. Set it up on a little spot close to home to monitor its function. 21 pics in about 2 days, 1 with a deer in it, the rest were empty. Gonna keep trying but im running out of ideas.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/19/15 05:58 PM

We have that problem with our older primos. Also the time and date are always wrong even if you change it.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Game Cam issue - 10/19/15 06:05 PM

Does it have a reset button?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum