Texas Hunting Forum

Mini MagLite Pro

Posted By: DQ Kid

Mini MagLite Pro - 02/26/13 04:58 PM

Guys, I picked up one of these at Sports Authority on sunday night for 25% off. It accepts 2 AAs and puts out 225 Lumens, supposedly a beam that can be focused out to 125 meters. I tested it last night and it is excellent. The size is only about 8-10" and about the width of a Husky pencil. I intend on taping it to the top of my crossbow and waging some out of season war on the feral hogs..Total cost was $25...
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Mini MagLite Pro - 02/27/13 02:33 AM

That's a great deal hope you enjoy it. Amazing what kind of lights you can get these days for a small fraction of what we were paying just 2-3 years ago.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Mini MagLite Pro - 02/27/13 07:26 PM

I have a couple of the LED mag lights, one like you have and a 2 D one. They are both very bright and easy on batteries to boot.
Posted By: Paul Sonnier

Re: Mini MagLite Pro - 02/28/13 02:21 AM

Wow, the reviews are good. I have a few of the "NorLite" led lights, and thought they were good, but only 160 lumen, so the mini mag pro should be awesome! ( I just ordered one online to try )

Re: Mini MagLite Pro - 02/28/13 02:04 PM

I recenty bought a package of 3 200 lumen small flashlights from Costco for 14.95 (complete with batteries)-they were so good I bought another package and have one everywhere I might need one.

Costco also had a 1000 lumen light for $48 and I couldn't resist.It is about the size of a 2D maglight. That thing lights up the night like you wouldn't believe! I can easily shoot a hog from 100 yards+ away with it.

For about $80 I now have 7 lights that are unbelievably bright-about 1/2 the cost of one Surefire 75 lumen light I bought 2-3 years ago. The era of the expensive flashlight is fast disappearing....
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Mini MagLite Pro - 02/28/13 02:42 PM

I have easily shot hogs a hundred yards out with led 2 D mag light.

Re: Mini MagLite Pro - 02/28/13 03:26 PM

Then I could probably go 200+ then. I haven't tried it out yet. All I know is that thing turns night into day for a LONG ways. smile
Posted By: PhilR

Re: Mini MagLite Pro - 03/02/13 12:50 AM

Go to Amazon and check out the UltraFire LED flashlights.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum