Texas Hunting Forum

Wildgame Innovations Products

Posted By: wlldraper

Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 06:14 PM

Am I the only one having issues with Wildgame Innovation products? In the last 8 months I have had to actually throw away two cameras that were less than a year old. The customer service with this company is atrosish. After spending several attempts to contact them with the problems and a lot of time spent on hold, I finally got to talk to someone. After several steps in the trouble shooting process for each camera independent of each other It was implied that my ignorance was the issue and definantly not a defective product on their part. Not even a offer to repair or replace. I went so far as to email Matt Busbice, President of the company, and inform him of the actions of his customer service rep. Never even got a reply to the email. Wow it must really suck to suck, and this customer service sucks. I have other stuff from Wildgame Innovations that work great and would buy others but customer service like this is portion. I cannot afford to spend money every other month to replace a product that does not perform. And no one at the company even cares. Am I alone on this?
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 06:29 PM

No, unfortunately you're not. We have had several problems with our game cams as well and got the same treatment. No offer of repair/replace or even a we're sorry that happened. Used to really like their products and will still use a few(til they break too). Have sent multiple emails to several people and have never received anything back. Be nice if someone actually believed in and stood behind their products anymore.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 06:54 PM

I hung out with a couple high levels from Wildgame Innovations at a hunt last year. Really nice folks. I think the hunting industry is full of mini-conglomerates like Wildgame Innovations. Small companies get bought up under these few conglomerates. These big conglomerates aren't always about the best individual product like when developed and sold by the small companies. The conglomerates are all about the overall bottom line cutting costs and competing with the other conglomerates. I think all of them struggle with offering the best customer service, especially in peak times pre-season. It is almost better to buy from the Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Academy stores and when problems deal with them and not the root company.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 07:04 PM

I have heard several people on here say good things about their customer service in Arlington. Might see if you can get that phone number and see what happens.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
I have heard several people on here say good things about their customer service in Arlington. Might see if you can get that phone number and see what happens.

Same here. I know of two people that actually had upgraded replacements for broken cam's.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 08:00 PM

This use to be the truth....this year, they would not do anything without a receipt.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
I hung out with a couple high levels from Wildgame Innovations at a hunt last year. Really nice folks. I think the hunting industry is full of mini-conglomerates like Wildgame Innovations. Small companies get bought up under these few conglomerates. These big conglomerates aren't always about the best individual product like when developed and sold by the small companies. The conglomerates are all about the overall bottom line cutting costs and competing with the other conglomerates. I think all of them struggle with offering the best customer service, especially in peak times pre-season. It is almost better to buy from the Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Academy stores and when problems deal with them and not the root company.

If you purchase any electronics from Bass Pro they will only refund or replace within 30 days of purchase. After that your chit out of luck with them.
Now with receipt at Academy or Cabelas they will refund or replace no questions ask other than is there anything wrong with it. That is how customer service should be.
Posted By: RussellWayne

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 08:28 PM

I just returned a brand new camera to Acadamy that would only take white out photos.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 11:01 PM

Had a problem with a timer and clock..... as long as you fill out the warrantee card AND send it in, there shouldn't be a problem.
As mentioned above... Academy is AWESOME
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/25/12 11:58 PM

I actually have very good luck with WGI equipment. I gave lots of cams, and ALL brands make some lemons, but WGI have been most consistent for me.

Now, that being said - and no offense to anyone - but running 10 cams and have 4 more "spares" that were discards from others, I can tell you that most brands are VERY finicky if they use the most common components (all made by companies not the same company that markets the cams).

They can be very sensitive to batteries and brands. All batteries are NOT created equal. I got two discards that were "POS" from a guy. When I replaced the energizers with copper tops, they worked perfectly ( and still do!)

Weak batteries cause problems.
Batteries put in reverse can cause problems
Loose battery terminals cause problems.
Severe drops cause problems.
Excessive heat cause problems - have a couple of cameras that work fine in cool/cold weather - but not well in heat. Also have one that is the opposite.

Now I don't have any high end cameras, but I have low-to-midrange WGIs, Bushnell, Moultrie, and a few others. Moultries are the only brand that absolutely won't buy. But is amazing how many cams that others throw away that I get to work fine.

If any of you have any WGIs that you are going to throw out, I'll give you $5 for them. If I can't get them to work, I use them for parts. Other brands are considered too.

BTW, three times I've gotten cams that folks swore wouldn't work and discarded them, and when I opened them up - the batteries were reversed. Just saying.
Posted By: donswin

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/26/12 12:39 AM

I am one who has had a broken WGI camera and indifferent customer service.

I don't have time to pamper a camera. It is a 6 hour round trip to my lease & gas is $75 and rising. When I get there, I expect the camera to have taken pictures of any game within range.

Reconyx and Scoutguard cameras have not let me down. They are worth the extra price if the alternate is WGI cams.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/26/12 01:36 AM

I went on their face book page because it was suggested I check it out and all I can say is WOW. It didn't take long to know that I am just one of a lot of people who has gotten and continues to get bad customer service. I saw some photos posted there but I think there was only two people who said they had a worthy product. Guess I shouldn't feel too bad. It was worse than I thought.
Posted By: ellgrubb

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/26/12 12:09 PM

Lots of camera negative comments but the rest of there products are just as bad. I have even had bad luck with there feeder batteries.
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/26/12 01:58 PM

I'm on my third Truthcam 46. First from Cabela's. Stopped working after three days...called Wildgame in Mississippi. Guy tried to shluff me back off on Cabela's, but they were on to that. Wildgame sent me a new cam. Stopped working after nine days. Sent me a third. Problem free, as far as I can tell, for a year now.

PS - All this stuff is made in the same Chinese factory.
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/26/12 02:01 PM

PPS - Takes GREAT daytime pics and vids...adequate nighttime pics. VERY fast trigger speed...never have any deer butts in my pics. Lots of programmable variables too.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/26/12 03:36 PM

Like I originally posted. I don't hate the the company, I really would like to do business with them, they are a Texas company, and sell lots of different hunting and outdoor gear at what I perceive as fair prices. All I ask is stand behind your product. If you are having to cut corners on quality, stop, fix the issue even if it cost a little more adjust the price accordingly and move on. If you build a quality product, offer it at a fair price and stand behind the product with customer service then I will buy, use and tell others about your product all day long, and so will most everyone else.

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/30/12 12:42 AM

Mmmm, TruthCam is made by Primos!
Originally Posted By: Homer Jay
I'm on my third Truthcam 46. First from Cabela's. Stopped working after three days...called Wildgame in Mississippi. Guy tried to shluff me back off on Cabela's, but they were on to that. Wildgame sent me a new cam. Stopped working after nine days. Sent me a third. Problem free, as far as I can tell, for a year now.

PS - All this stuff is made in the same Chinese factory.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/08/12 02:28 AM

The only response so far has been a email saying they were behind because this is their busy season. My reply was if you had felt with this in march when it started it wouldn't be the busy season. Needless to say haven't heard anything back......
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/09/12 06:20 AM

I will not buy anymore WG products based on how bad their trailcams are. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: MathewsBowMan

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/10/12 07:57 PM

I have 15 WGI cameras and I haven't had any problems.
Seriously I haven't. I run them in KS and TX and no problems and I bought them before spring turkey and this June.
The batteries last a long long time. And pics are good enough for me.
Isn't it amazing how we all have different stories about cameras. I had terrible luck with CRUDDEBACK and Primos.

By the way isn't WGI in LA and not TX?
Posted By: Mr. Ganzer

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/12/12 01:17 AM

My WGI camera worked for ten days and died. Customer service guy advised "replacement"-but offered no help from WGI. I'll never any of their products again.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/12/12 04:29 AM

I bought 2 a good while back and they never took the first pic. It also annoyed me that they were too cheap to format the cards for the cams that came with the cams. IMHO their product as cheap and still overpriced.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/16/12 06:33 PM

I am still amazed at how many cameras are not operational, or don't function properly from WGI.
Posted By: bhackfeld

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/17/12 04:47 PM

I have a couple of feeder motor units from them and they work well.

I bought a WGI camera two years ago and it didn't even last the full season. The flash quit working and to be honest the pictures were not very good when it did work. All of our cameras since have been Moultrie, the difference in quality is astounding and we've never had a problem with any of them.
Posted By: cmc

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/17/12 07:17 PM

I've always ran moultrie and had luck with them and the customer service but I won a WGI at a golf tourney and couldn't even get it to come on so I figured it was me but after my 14 year old couldn't figure it out I was convinced it didn't work. I called and stayed on hold for 30 minutes and gave up so I sent an email and got an address to send it to in Grand Prairie. The next day I just dropped by since they exit is one down from my work. A lady came out I told her the deal and she went and got a guy from that department he gave me a brand new camera no questions ask. In fact he gave me the entire kit with battery charger and camera and I only gave him a camera. I can see where they could be a problem on the phone or email but I guess if you put em on the spot by showing up they will make it right.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/22/12 09:08 PM

The list of people with issues with WGI products is still growing. They are under the Synergy Outdoor umbrella, hopefully not everyone in Synergy has the same issues. Last email I got was Oct7 saying they received my email again, nothing since. And the wait continues.
Posted By: VarmintLights.com

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/23/12 10:45 PM

I have been using one for 2 years now no complaints.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/25/12 02:27 AM

I am losing Faith and Fast, I will work on something 2 times and then Im done!! I shot a lawnmower with a Shotgun once..After my second trip down 350 miles and cameras messed up and feeders not working, and I dont need the whole battery quality speech, turn this, hold your tongue advice. I will take that under advisement..Im done and Hell I have a Family Member who is one of the Owners and the price is right, but I had rather pay for something that works and will perform than struggle w made in China and dealing with Kids..Sorry was not a Happy Camper last trip..I have that one Sweeney I got in a swap deal and its money, Have not a Ounce of problem throwing money into something that works, just like Weapon, if I pull a Trigger I wont to hear Boom Boom, I do not have the Time and patience to work on cheap S**t
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/25/12 10:42 AM

Dang Sniper, I hope you never get PO'd at me.

Yeah, I agree with you and find that a lot of "popularly priced" stuff turns out to be junk. And when it comes to game cams most of them have about a 50/50 chance of working. WGI seldom even makes the 50%. My biggest disappoint over the recent years has been Cuddeback. They used to be great but are now hit and miss.

Just wish I could afford Reconyx.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/27/12 01:24 AM

I hear you Amigo, very Frustrating. It seems there all going to cheaper parts, it ruins my trip to walk up see a feeder not working and cameras also. We had some 6 volt American Hunters on a Bow Lease in Cherokee that was Church and GREAT Customer Service. Guess on the positive side I saved some money on Corn, two feed pens can get expensive..

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/02/12 10:45 PM

Good luck everyone. I would like to know what may come by however since I am the owner of WGI cameras it will be a suprise..lol
Posted By: Sniper42

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/13/12 01:19 AM

I have had problems with their feeders and finally gave up after several attempts to contact them only to be on hold forever. Sad
Posted By: steve13

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/27/12 01:22 AM

just me maybe, do not like the owners and hate the junk the get cloned on the cheap in China
Posted By: Emil

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/28/12 12:49 AM

I have had good results with bushnell
Posted By: clear creek 89

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/28/12 04:59 AM

i just purchased a WGI camera and so far so good but the timers now thats a different story theyre garbage

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 12/08/12 01:32 AM

Still have heard nothing back from customer service. I refuse to call them everyday and beg them to stand behind their product. I try and send them a email once a month to make sure they are still in business.
Posted By: mow

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 12/08/12 06:26 PM

WGI has. Warehouse off 360 and post and paddock in grand prairie..big warehouse
Posted By: Knightdiscshooter

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 12/09/12 01:07 AM

I've had a few problems with WGI products. But never have had a problem with support services. I work right around the corner from them and I have taken cameras back and they have replaced them. Maybe I was lucky I don't know.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/09/13 02:07 AM

Never forget anything but wild game innovations products.
Posted By: Duck Sausage

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/30/13 03:42 PM

NAH!!!!
IM SURE EVERYONE THAT OWN THEM IS HAVING THESE SAME ISSUES...

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/01/13 12:25 PM

Just wanted to remind everyone as the season is about to start, if you need game products that work, function properly and a company that provides customer service, make every attempt to stay away from wild game products. Their products regularly do not work as they should and to make matters even worse their customer service is even worse. Feel free to check out their reviews even the ones on their face book site and their own website and you will be amazed at the number of people who have had these same or similar issues.
Posted By: toro

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/03/13 06:42 PM

with all the [censored] about bad wgi feeders an cams I allways had good luck with the triple c game feeders made in rendon an only things I had go wrong with them was cows then I fenced them in
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/03/13 11:11 PM

Pretty much everything I have seen that is WGI is very cheesy.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 11/09/13 02:19 PM

Live and learn, I guess. I bought a WGI thinking I was upgrading. Night time photos are terrible! I will unload this and try again!
Posted By: SNAKEBIT

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 05/30/14 08:47 PM

not any better.
got 3- 5mp trail cams and all started acting up last year around Oct!!!!
new sd cards,new batteries,nothing helped.
just got to the point of not taking pics!!!
decided to e-mail them today.
got a fairly quick response back.
unfortunately they do not repair any cameras or have parts to do so!!!!
if it's out of the 1 yr warranty u are SCREWED!!!!
told me to take it to a camera shop and see if they could fix it!!! LOL!!!
they are in the scrap pile and ordered some new Eyecon's !!
Posted By: HardcoreCarnivore

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 06/02/14 10:23 PM

I've bought one and it was the newer small box with a point on top the 10 mg and put batteries in It last august still had 75%
Posted By: JCB

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 06/03/14 12:01 AM

I bought one of their 12 volt feeder control units the season before last. I always use premium units but I had a old one acting up so I needed a replacement quick so I went with the WGI. POS would drain a 12 volt battery in less than 1 month!! So at the start of last season I put a solar panel on it thinking that would fix the problem. WRONG!!! The battery would last a tad bit longer but still would be drained pretty quick. Then about half way through the season the timer went out on it. Replaced that as well but this year I will be replacing the whole dang POS!!! Now I know why I don't mess with cheap feeders anymore!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 06/03/14 03:18 AM

Bought two WGI cameras. Should have known better, cheap plastic interior, battery terminals on both broke the very first day. I stay away from WGI as well as Moultrie cameras.
Posted By: Triple Beard

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 06/05/14 06:24 AM

Want a great game camera... I have 7 Bushnell HD Trophy Cams and to say that they are amazing would be selling them short. Customer service also gets an A+++++++++

I've heard the same thing about WGI... I was going to buy a few of their feeder lights until I heard they totally suck.
Posted By: firestick

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 06/14/14 02:14 AM

That's why it is named Wild Game, It is totally unpredictable and you can't count on it.
Posted By: wisco-hunter

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 06/26/14 04:56 AM

junk...have similar issues with their feeders in the past, won't buy again
Posted By: Texmel

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/03/14 05:27 PM

Yeah, Wildgame customer service sucks BIGTIME. I've called the Co in Arlington and just no help there. Now having said that, I've got 5 Wildgame cameras out at lease on year around and for 4 yrs not any problem. Also, have Moultrie for over 15 yrs and still producing good pics. Also, just bought a Hunten trail camera that Chasngame gave a very good review.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/03/14 06:31 PM

I have had absolutely horrible luck with any of their products. Would rather pay for a different product than use a free one that was giving to me. Think I have a couple left over that I use as paper weights for those that like them.
Posted By: Western

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 09/05/14 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
I have had absolutely horrible luck with any of their products. Would rather pay for a different product than use a free one that was giving to me. Think I have a couple left over that I use as paper weights for those that like them.

Same. A few years back, I heard folks saying how great they where for the money. I bought a TC and it worked for about a month, then started getting erratic and unreliable. I got what I paid for, no doubt about it, but they will not get anymore cash from me. I thought Moultrie products where cheap and avoid them like the plague, but this WGI TC was worse if that is even possible.
Posted By: clay breaker

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/09/14 06:31 PM

Might as well use WGI $69 ones, Ive used them all and they all suck, doesnt seem to matter whether I pay $250 for one or $69. Ive gotten as much life from the WGI ones from Tractor Supply as I have the high dollar ones. This yr Im running 4 WGI's and 1 Bushnell, and I can tell ya the WGI cams are easier to use than the BUshnell and it cost four times as much. They are all disposable tools, the quality of all of them is the same to me.
Posted By: papa45

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/13/14 03:50 PM

I have bought 4 WGI cameras over several years, because of the low price. They all quit working. Guess I'm a slow learner!
Posted By: yeahbuddy

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/22/14 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB
I bought one of their 12 volt feeder control units the season before last. I always use premium units but I had a old one acting up so I needed a replacement quick so I went with the WGI. POS would drain a 12 volt battery in less than 1 month!! So at the start of last season I put a solar panel on it thinking that would fix the problem. WRONG!!! The battery would last a tad bit longer but still would be drained pretty quick. Then about half way through the season the timer went out on it. Replaced that as well but this year I will be replacing the whole dang POS!!! Now I know why I don't mess with cheap feeders anymore!

x2 they are wicked on a feeder battery even with the solar charger. You get what you pay for i guess
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Wildgame Innovations Products - 10/28/14 07:16 PM

I just called the customer service number in GP. I was on hold less than a minute, got a very nice guy to assist me and I am returning 3 Feeder Lights for exchange at no cost to me with an RA Number. Though the products may not be up to Par on what we expect.....I have nothing but good things to say about this customer service experience. I will advise on how quickly my return is sent back and any more info I can provide.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum