Texas Hunting Forum

Ideas for night scope mount?

Posted By: Matt

Ideas for night scope mount? - 01/13/12 03:27 PM

I traded for a night scope, but the mount was lost. i thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but I was wrong. It is a Rostov Cyclops NS5. I'm sure i could cobble something up to mount it to a rifle, but the mount is what you adjust the windage and elevation with, so I really need it. Any help would be useful.
Thanks!!!
Matt

Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: Ideas for night scope mount? - 01/13/12 04:57 PM

photos say 1000 words...........

it sounds like you will be hunting on ebay for awhile, you might reach out to a national seller of nightvision and attempt to tap into the network of contacts for a request such as this.

Even a gunsmith may have a hard time designing a mount that will serve as the original was intended.

I have spent hours in my garage devising a better way to build a nightvision mount and thus far it hasn't happened.

YMMV but it is a VERY precise process.

BB

Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Ideas for night scope mount? - 01/13/12 05:37 PM

Most likey going to be an ARMS mount.
What does the underside of the throat look like?

Posted By: Matt

Re: Ideas for night scope mount? - 01/13/12 06:28 PM

Thanks for the input.

Benny,
I would sure rather find one to put on this rather then having to have one made. I'm sure i could never make it adjustable.

Skylar,
It's not a commonly made mount. We carry ARMS at the office and they really don't make anything like this. By the by, I'm your RSR rep.

Here is a pic of the actual scope. Unfortunately, this is the best I have at the office. It is sort of a small reverse weaver mount with an adapter attached that holds it to the actual base.

Here is a pic of one on the base itself.

Thanks!!!
Matt

Posted By: crospyder

Re: Ideas for night scope mount? - 07/27/13 11:53 AM

i have the mount for this Rostov Cyclops ns5, if you still need it please contact me on my PM or e-mail, actually i have several of them
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum