Texas Hunting Forum

help deciding what camera to buy

Posted By: beaucfus

help deciding what camera to buy - 11/12/11 12:48 AM

okay my wife wants a new camera. all she really wants to make sure is the pics are good quality and all she has to do is press the button and it takes the pic. not press the button and it focuses and resets and then focuses and then takes the pic.

i would also like this to take out on hunts and use with my spotting scope.

i have around 500 or so. any help would be great.

Posted By: o2bwest

Re: help deciding what camera to buy - 11/13/11 02:48 PM

The new Sony Alphas look very cool. They are a 16.2 megapixel DSLR camera and they take HD video. Lots of performance in a camera body that will fit in your shirt pocket. I think the body is about $500 and lenses probably start at about $100.

Nikon also has a camera that competes with the Alpha called the Nikon 1. The 1s have basically the same features but they are only 10megapixels.

Both are probably great cameras offering performance that used to only be available in much bigger cameras. I will most likely be getting one or the other soon as a compact alternative to my Rebel.

Posted By: beaucfus

Re: help deciding what camera to buy - 11/13/11 04:37 PM

thanks, i saw both of those, and now apparently my wife want the nikon d5100. before that i was probably going to go with the panasonic lx5.

Posted By: Nate C.

Re: help deciding what camera to buy - 11/17/11 03:43 AM

I went through the exact same thing last Christmas. I bought a Panasonic Lumix ZS8. These cameras are incredible! I think they are around $250, and I am sure there are newer cameras with higher megapixels now if you want to spend more. You can look on the Panasonic website to be sure.

Posted By: scattergun

Re: help deciding what camera to buy - 11/20/11 01:28 AM

Iphone 4s

Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: help deciding what camera to buy - 11/20/11 02:58 PM

Nikon d3100

Posted By: 69firebirdconv

Re: help deciding what camera to buy - 11/22/11 07:26 PM

Ive got a Mint condition D3100 I would consider selling with some extras if interested PM me. Best bang for the buck camera available also records in 1080P. The camera will do just about anything you will ask of it and a great beginner to intermediate camera.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum