Texas Hunting Forum

Opinions on Sightron Scopes

Posted By: Birdog62

Opinions on Sightron Scopes - 11/04/11 03:40 AM

A buddy of mine owns 3 of them and swears by them. He said you can't beat the lifetime warranty, he dropped his rifle off the high rack on his truck and it landed on the scope and bent the bell and they replaced it. It looks clear from edge to edge and gathers light well from what I can tell looking through it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Bob in TX

Re: Opinions on Sightron Scopes - 11/04/11 02:40 PM

Stay away from the SI's. The SII's, SII Big Sky's, and SIII's are very good glass, especially for the money. They have gone up a bit too much, IMHO, in the past two years. I own two of the SII's. They are excellent low light scopes and track very well.

Bob

Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Opinions on Sightron Scopes - 11/04/11 04:56 PM

I own a couple of the SI's. Good light transmission and one of them has taken some pounding on a 30-06. I'm impressed for the price.

Posted By: Texpppr

Re: Opinions on Sightron Scopes - 11/06/11 04:53 PM

I had an S1 on a rifle I sold .. I thought it was a good scope for $100

Posted By: supersixfour

Re: Opinions on Sightron Scopes - 11/08/11 03:26 PM

I've owned SI's and SII's. Currently have an SI on my muzzleloader. Good scopes for the money and are backed by a good warranty.

Posted By: DRT1

Re: Opinions on Sightron Scopes - 12/07/11 05:33 PM

i have the siii, 6-24x50,, outstanding glass,, and the turrets are dead on.. can go frm 100 to 500 and back to 100 w/ no prblms .. great scope

Posted By: toolman

Re: Opinions on Sightron Scopes - 12/07/11 05:43 PM

I've had a SI on my .270 for several years now and really like it. The adjustments are dead-on and it's got good light transmission for a cheap scope. I've been wanting to upgrade it, but really can't justify the expense because it works so well.

Posted By: toolman

Re: Opinions on Sightron Scopes - 01/10/12 05:45 PM

Hate to raise a dead thread, but I just got another SI 3x9x40. This one has the German #4 reticle and they've updated the power ring and turret caps to a bit different design. Another plus is that it came with flip-up scope caps and was $128 shipped from www.manventureoutpost.com .
This is the first scope I've owned with a #4 reticle and I have to say, this thing is beautiful to look through!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum