Texas Hunting Forum

I Need Some Feedback On Scopes

Posted By: dk1051

I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 12:29 PM

I am looking at purchasing a scope for a .270 Vanguard that I just got. I think I have narrowed it down to 3, but would like your input. I am looking a 3x9x40 in the Zeiss Conquest, Leupold VX-II, and Nikon Monarch. Let me know pros, cons, and everything else. Thanks.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 12:30 PM

oh yea, price range is from $250-$450, but the scopes I am looking at are around $400.

Posted By: Rustler

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 12:35 PM

Zeiss conquest 3~9x40 would be my choice.

IMO, best scope under $400 available.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 12:52 PM

I havent found it under $400, It's actually right at $400 at cabelas and academy. If you know of a place that has it cheaper please let me know. Thanks.

Posted By: dawaba

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 01:07 PM

There are some bargains out there. If Cabelas still has the Elite 4200 3x9 for $199, it would be hard to beat. I have one of these and it just might be better than a Conquest, perhaps. Also, Doug at Cameraland is running some insanely low prices on Minox scopes, which I've never personally tried, but others have lauded.

That said, I own 3 Zeiss Conquest scopes, and despite the above paragraph, I would probably lean this way. The idea of German-made components assembled here in the U.S. by American workers just sounds good to me. There are several places selling the Conquest 3x9 for less than $400:
http://www.mysmartgear.com/product.php?productid=71007

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Zei...html?cid=123620
http://www.ambientsw.com/rczs5214609920.html

Posted By: Rustler

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 01:13 PM

Doug is a great guy, givem a call.
---> Cameraland

$400,,, or less for a demo free shipping no tax.

IMO the Conquest is certainly worth 400 bucks.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 01:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback and links

Posted By: BMD

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 01:19 PM

www.cameralandny.com

Posted By: thewrap

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 05:50 PM

Leupold VX1 or Rifleman are around $200 both are really great scopes.

Posted By: Sami

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 08:01 PM

Open Box Minox Z5 3-15x42 from Doug.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=66020

Open Box Special Price: $399.99
XR-BDC Reticle

Open Box Special Price: $379.99
Mino-Plex & Ger #4 Reticles

Show Sample Price: $399.99
BDC Reticle

Posted By: Capt.Happy

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/06/11 11:58 PM

Zeiss conquest, you will be glad you did.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/07/11 04:12 AM

@ thewrap... you would say Leupold over Zeiss/??? pretty much everyone has said Ziess and I have looked at the 2 in low light and I must say conquest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/07/11 06:22 AM

go with the ziess...it is so much brighter than leupold...if brighter that leupold, than definetly brighter that nikon...
for cheaper prices try:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/zeiss-3-9x40mm-conquest-rifle-scope-with-z-plex-reticle1.html
or:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/217802-USA/Zeiss_52_14_60_9920_3_9x40_MC_Conquest.html
i ordered the same scope except in 50mm and 4.5-14
awesome scope...

Posted By: karl

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/07/11 04:21 PM

ye there are loads of scopes out there i beleve the more your willing to pay the better the scope unless you find some great deals there are plenty out there like the guy posted above me

Posted By: watchale

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/08/11 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
go with the ziess...it is so much brighter than leupold...if brighter that leupold, than definetly brighter that nikon...
for cheaper prices try:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/zeiss-3-9x40mm-conquest-rifle-scope-with-z-plex-reticle1.html
or:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/217802-USA/Zeiss_52_14_60_9920_3_9x40_MC_Conquest.html
i ordered the same scope except in 50mm and 4.5-14
awesome scope...

Do you know where to get a good deal on one of those 4.5-14,s ?

Posted By: huntingkidd

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/09/11 03:46 AM

I actually just bought a new Vanguard in .270 caliber yesterday from Bass Pro. They had one of the Nikon Prostaff members there for the Hunting Classic, and he talked me into getting a Nikon 3-9x40 Buckmaster with BDC. I took it out today and shot it and it is amazing, very clear view, and the BDC is amazing, if i remember correctly, you zero it in to 100 yards, and every circle below the crosshair is an added 100 yards up to a 500 yard shot. I picked it up for $220 and with a lifetime warranty its hard to beat imo

Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/09/11 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: watchale

Do you know where to get a good deal on one of those 4.5-14,s ?

Watchdale, check these Factory Blemish Zeiss
Great deals on these. On occasion we get some great deals that we pass along.
Check it out.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/09/11 04:15 AM

DK, out of the options that you are looking at. The Conquest is truly the way to go. Don't get me wrong, Leupold and Nikon make great items, but Zeiss has created a foundation that is almost incomparable.

Posted By: West Fork Armory

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/09/11 09:01 PM

I can get you a 3-9x40mm Zeiss Conquest for $379.99 + tax and only $5.00 shipping.

There are a few other models available, if you want to go a different route.

Private message me if you want to order it.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/10/11 04:23 AM

Ok, well I definitely appreciate all the feedback. I am definitely going with the Zeiss which was my first thought anyways. I think I'll just get it from Academy or Cabelas because with tax and shipping almost all the deals that have been posted are going to come out close to the same.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/10/11 04:33 AM

www.camerlandny.com there is no tax and shipping :confused2. I assure you you can't buy a scope at Cabelas for the same money!

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/10/11 04:34 AM

Call Doug (212) 753-5128 at Cameraland before you waste a bunch a money bang

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/10/11 06:36 AM

If you think you could benefit from an illuminated reticle, these two are excellent scopes and GREAT value for the money.

http://www.samplelist.com/-P1846.aspx
http://www.samplelist.com/-P1843.aspx

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/10/11 03:45 PM

The Eurp Diamonds are nice as well.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/11/11 02:57 AM

Well, I just got a 10% dicount thing in the mail for cabelas, so as long as that applies to scopes and I haven't found any fine print on it that says that it doesn't, I'll probably do that. I figure if I can pick up the scope and mounts for around $400 that would be a good deal. Plus, I live close to the cabela's in Buda. I actually pass it everyday on the way to work. Not really interested in an illuminated scope, but thanks.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/11/11 03:14 AM

I just noticed on the Cabela's website that Zeiss has a $50 mail in rebate for rapid Z reticles, if I can get that in addition to my $40 (10%) off, then I might be able to reall get a steal on this scope.

Posted By: rjd

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/11/11 03:50 PM

You can get a Minox from Cameraland (rated as good as or better than Conquest) for $259. If you can find a better deal than that, you are stealing it.

Posted By: gaharris

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/12/11 09:52 AM

I prefer the Zeiss Conquest, have switched over all my rifles to the conquest. Great optics and I really like the quick focus feature.

Posted By: Koenig

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 04:45 AM

Zeiss Conquest

Posted By: Koenig

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 04:45 AM

Or Vortex

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By: TexasWicked1

Speaking of them, is the LRS an illuminated reticle? I know they are discontinued but I noticed you still had some on the sample list. I might have to pick one of these for myself, especially if this is a lighted reticle.

http://www.samplelist.com/Burris-25-10x50-Euro-Diamond-Rifle-Scope-DEMO-B-P1843.aspx

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Sami

Speaking of them, is the LRS an illuminated reticle? I know they are discontinued but I noticed you still had some on the sample list. I might have to pick one of these for myself, especially if this is a lighted reticle.

SWFA Sample List Burris-25-10x50 Euro Diamond

Yes sir, I have two left and it is illuminated.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 04:50 PM

Yes sir, I have ONE left and it is illuminated.

Corrected. laugh

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 04:54 PM

Yes sir, I have ONE left and it is illuminated.

Corrected. laugh

lol, now we have one left.
Thanks Sami, you going to come get it, or am I going to ship it to you?

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 04:59 PM

Might as well get the bike out from the garage and come get it. For some reason I thought you guys were in Austin/SA area, not DFW.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 05:24 PM

Might as well get the bike out from the garage and come get it. For some reason I thought you guys were in Austin/SA area, not DFW.

Not that far south of you, just south of 20. What was your oirder number and I will try to get everything inline for you when you get here. do you need directions?

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/18/11 05:28 PM

Not that far south of you, just south of 20. What was your oirder number and I will try to get everything inline for you when you get here. do you need directions?

PM sent, don't want to hijack this thread any further.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/19/11 03:26 PM

I have shot zeiss and leopold side by side in low light. This is comparing 3x9-40's in both brands. The Leopold is a 10 year old VX2 the zeiss is newer by a little some. I think they are both great scopes and honestly canot tell a difference between the two sitting in the blind with both of them at the same time, mine is leopold his is zeiss. I like the crosshairs on the zeiss better, but that is about all I can say. Never had a problem with either scope, and if I ever need to buy another I will keep my options open, but in my opinion the difference between them must be so small that it is irrelevent.

matt

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/19/11 10:48 PM

Well, to update everyone, I bought the Zeiss conquest 3x9x40 with the z-plex reticle at cabelas for 360. I had a 10% off card and picked up bases and rings and am hoping to have my dad mount them on my gun this weekend. Thanks for everyones input.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/19/11 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: dk1051
Well, to update everyone, I bought the Zeiss conquest 3x9x40 with the z-plex reticle at cabelas for 360. I had a 10% off card and picked up bases and rings and am hoping to have my dad mount them on my gun this weekend. Thanks for everyones input.

Well, you won't be disappointed. Can't go wrong with that scope.

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/20/11 04:04 AM

You made a great choice. This will last you a long time if you take proper care of it.

Posted By: changedmyname

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/21/11 04:59 AM

How much after tax?

Re: I Need Some Feedback On Scopes - 08/28/11 08:55 PM

Came out to around $430 ish after bases, rings, and the scope.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum