Texas Hunting Forum

I'm broke from buying game cam batteries!

Posted By: Texas Robohunter

I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/04/11 05:27 PM

I run several game cameras pretty much year round, and at 6 d-cell alkalines apiece per month, the expense of batteries has me about broke. Has anyone tried the rechargeables in them? How about hooking up a solar charger? Any suggestions on cutting down this expense will be helpful.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/04/11 05:49 PM

See if they have a 6volt or 12 volt rechargeable battery pack as an accersory for them online with the manufacturer.

Posted By: hookemhorns

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/05/11 01:16 AM

Moultrie makes solar panel that plugs into that I used and was getting 5-6000 pics and then had to replace batteries

Posted By: beaucfus

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/05/11 01:41 AM

x2 hookem. i have one camera been up for 2 years with out changing the batteries, year round. those things are awesome

Posted By: Limit Extender

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/05/11 08:46 PM

I have cuddebacks and they seem to do pretty well on batteries. I only have to change them about 3 times per year, and probably get 10k+ pictures per camera per year.

Posted By: nehntr

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/05/11 11:02 PM

switch to scoutguard. save money on cameras and batteries

Posted By: quackaholic1

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/06/11 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
See if they have a 6volt or 12 volt rechargeable battery pack as an accersory for them online with the manufacturer.

I think this a good idea.

I'm not sure if recharable batteries will work or not. Regular D-cell batteries put out 1.5 volts and recharable one put out 1.3 volts. Not sure if it work the IR and take pics.

Posted By: rsquared

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/06/11 03:38 AM

i bought the battery kits to use with my stealthcams.
they worked for a few months, then the cameras would work with the external cord plugged in. called stealthcam and they only offered to take the cameras in on trade in.

funny since they still worked with regular batteries...just not if you plugged in the external adaptor.

i tried it on another stealthcam and then the coons chewed thru the wires to the battery.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/09/11 08:22 PM

We have several of the stealth cams with the 12 volt bater packs, they work great. Will take around 3k pictures per charge and if you have a solar pannel more.

matt

Posted By: scattergun

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/10/11 06:59 PM

You have to have a game cam? Think about it.

Posted By: treeman

Re: I'm broke from buying game cam batteries! - 06/10/11 07:03 PM

CVS store brand are good batteries, bout half the price and every couple of months they run a buy one get one free.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum