Texas Hunting Forum

New Torch Annealer

Posted By: HenryL

New Torch Annealer - 09/17/22 07:00 AM

I randomly ran across this today and having never seen this option before, thought I would post it here for anyone interested.

Actually, you know... I say randomly but I was just having a discussion earlier today with someone about annealing... and I always seem to get ads and [censored], related to the topic of recent discussions, not long after said discussions... I swear these tech companies who make phones/other connected electronics, are listening in and picking up keywords that they then use to advertise to us LOL ... That's my conspiracy theory for the day LOL

Yes, I know, for annealing nothing beats the AMP... but for those who aren't looking to spend that much - this seems like a good alternative and appears to be better made than the Annealeez and cheaper (if not better) than the Giraud.

2-1 Annealer and Case Prep center for under $300. Looks to me like they did a pretty good job with it. I might buy one just to play with it and then offer it up as a little prize for a friendly shooting competition afterwards, as I don't actually need another annealer.

https://burstfireguns.com

Check it out and let me know what you guys think about it. Anyone else ever even seen this option?
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: New Torch Annealer - 09/17/22 07:27 PM

Looks like a handful of other torch style annealers. Aside from the case prep center, it looks like the annealer I made for about $130, which isn't perfect, but plenty good for my volume. My prep center is a drill press. For someone that has neither an annealer or prep center/motor, it looks good.
Posted By: duffas

Re: New Torch Annealer - 09/23/22 04:43 PM

Handheld torch and case rotated in the fingers. Drop in water. Works fine - I'm retired and have the time.
Posted By: HenryL

Re: New Torch Annealer - 09/25/22 04:06 PM

I ended up picking one up just to try. It's actually pretty nice - far nicer than the Annealeez. Solid, completely enclosed, aluminum wheels for the cases... Came with torch and hose. The screen is slick, the case prep connections on top work as expected, the speed knob is simple to use, and the torch mount works well and is easy to adjust. Came well packaged, shipped fast via UPS (I ordered it at like 11PM one night and it was dropped off @ like 10AM the following day).

Overall, they did a great job putting it together.. Appears to be a well made machine that should last a good long while. I'd say as far as torch based annealers go, this one is at the top of the crowd... I can't really see anyone making a nicer one really.

I don't think whoever wins this at the next competition I throw together will be disappointed in taking it home.

Just my 2 cents for any random person running around looking for a torch class annealer.

Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: New Torch Annealer - 09/25/22 06:51 PM

Looks like a good one, thanks for the review.
Posted By: BigDad

Re: New Torch Annealer - 09/26/22 01:48 PM

That's a slick looking annealer, thanks for sharing
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum