Texas Hunting Forum

CCI velocitor 22lr

Posted By: txtrophy85

CCI velocitor 22lr - 01/17/22 04:17 PM

Anyone use them? Two of my .22’s don’t like stingers and looking for something with more pop than a mini mag.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: CCI velocitor 22lr - 01/17/22 05:11 PM

My two bone-stock 10/22s and my Marlin 60 really like 40gr round nose Standard Velocity and Mini Mags. With Velocitors, the accuracy isn't nearly as good. May just be my lousy shooting!
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: CCI velocitor 22lr - 01/18/22 12:02 AM

My Remington hates Stingers as well but loves both the CCI 40-grain Velocitor and 36-grain "Varmint" version of the Mini-Mag. CCI also offers a 40-grain "Target" version of their Mini-Mag. In terms of rated velocity, Stingers tip the scale at over 1600 fps, as compared to the 36-grain Varmint (1260) and 40-grain Target (1235) Mini-Mag loads. The 40-grain Velocitor comes in at 1435 fps, putting it squarely between the Mini-Mag and Stinger.

When you compare them by appearance alone, 32-grain Stingers look somewhat like a 27-grain 22 Short bullet atop a 22 Long Rife casing, which no doubt accounts for their higher velocity rating. Still, some folks say Stingers shoot great in their rifles.

Without doing all the math while taking into consideration a load needed for taking small game, the heavier and somewhat faster Velocitor seems hard to beat if your rifle likes them.
Posted By: jsteve

Re: CCI velocitor 22lr - 01/18/22 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
My Remington hates Stingers as well but loves both the CCI 40-grain Velocitor and 36-grain "Varmint" version of the Mini-MagThis is just a MiniMag Hollowpoint.
CCI also offers a 40-grain "Target" version of their Mini-Mag. They stick "target" on something just to grab gullible people like you that thinks it must be "better" minimags. They aint!, it is just marketing!
In terms of rated velocity, Stingers tip the scale at over 1600 fps, as compared to the 36-grain Varmint (1260) and 40-grain Target (1235) Mini-Mag loads. The 40-grain Velocitor comes in at 1435 fps, putting it squarely between the Mini-Mag and Stinger.

When you compare them by appearance alone, 32-grain Stingers look somewhat like a 27-grain 22 Short bullet atop a 22 Long Rife casing, which no doubt accounts for their higher velocity rating. Still, some folks say Stingers shoot great in their rifles.

Without doing all the math while taking into consideration a load needed for taking small game, the heavier and somewhat faster Velocitor seems hard to beat if your rifle likes them.

Why don't you just stop trying to act like you know WTF you are talking about when all you are doing is cutting and pasting BS!
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: CCI velocitor 22lr - 01/18/22 12:42 PM

Nothing I have or have ever owned preferred ammo faster than mini-mags. My Marlins shoot best with standard velocity and the rest shoot best around 1100-1200 FPS.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum