Texas Hunting Forum

Enough

Posted By: Longhorn74

Enough - 02/14/21 04:39 PM

Ok this pricing in getting crazy! Enough already, I just saw 40 rounds of 7mm-08 on gunbroker for $210!! I’ve been quiet up till now, but some people are getting totally out of control on pricing! Enough!!!
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Enough - 02/14/21 05:17 PM

I would think the bids on GunBroker drive the price. I know they have a "Buy Now" feature as well.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Enough - 02/14/21 06:21 PM

Dont have to go far into the classifieds to see some home grown gouging going on.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Enough - 02/14/21 06:51 PM

It’s totally out of control, i agree enough is enough! mad

Re: Enough - 02/14/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Dont have to go far into the classifieds to see some home grown gouging going on.

Gouging? Really?

You being forced to buy it?

Don’t buy it if you don’t like the price.

Make offer if you don’t like the “asking price”.

I've made some offers on items I've seen for sale, some said yes and some said no. I see the whiners and complainers getting butt hurt over an asking price then calling it gouging. Stupid as the day is long.

Your money, your choice.

Somebody will buy it. I’ve seen a bunch of “I’ll take it” going on.
Posted By: killen

Re: Enough - 02/14/21 08:29 PM

not sure all is selling think they said it sells and the person pays more than it is worth i have notice on gun broker the bidding on guns seems to be down on the over priced ones horading by people trying to make a quick buck on fear is the cause of this imo rember them
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Enough - 02/14/21 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Gouging? Really?

I've made some offers on items I've seen for sale, some said yes and some said no. I see the whiners and complainers getting butt hurt over an asking price then calling it gouging. Stupid as the day is long.

Your money, your choice.

Speaking of butthurt and whining, you are in everyone of these threads multiple times. Maybe you should take your own advice about moving along.

Re: Enough - 02/14/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

Gouging? Really?

Your money, your choice.

Speaking of butthurt and whining, you are in everyone of these threads multiple times. Maybe you should take your own advice about moving along.

You're GD right I am. I'm tired of you whining &itches complaining and calling it "gouging" because you failed to plan accordingly. You don't like my comments then put me on ignore. I could give a &uck less about your opinion. I'm not butthurt...I planned accordingly during the Obama days!
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Enough - 02/14/21 10:34 PM

Ammo is not 100% necessary to survive so it cannot be price gouged. The prices are high because people are paying the prices. Stop making rants at the people that are not the problem. If you are unhappy with what you now have to pay for anything you did not stock up on, it is all on you. If the price is too high, don't buy. If it's too high but you "need" it. Buy it and be quiet. This is general common sense and not aimed at any one person here or elsewhere.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Enough - 02/15/21 06:48 AM

Gouging? Really?

Your money, your choice.

Well said! market dictates price. That’s capitalism. I have “gouged” on asking prices and it hasn’t sold. so should I complain no takers? Heck no, if I really want to sell I need to drop my asking price. We had 4 years of unprecedented supply and low prices. If someone didn’t take advantage of that they shouldn’t complain.

Re: Enough - 02/15/21 02:02 PM

I am all for capitalism, but there comes a point of just being ridiculous! $210 for 40 rounds of 7mm-08? Come on that’s beyond belief. And as some turkey’s have said that’s their way good luck selling your ammo, enjoy your fixed inventory!
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Enough - 02/15/21 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longhorn74
I am all for capitalism, but there comes a point of just being ridiculous! $210 for 40 rounds of 7mm-08? Come on that’s beyond belief. And as some turkey’s have said that’s their way good luck selling your ammo, enjoy your fixed inventory!

Just over 5 bucks per round? Who does that 7mm-08 think it is? A .338LM or any Weatherby factory ammo?
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Enough - 02/15/21 04:32 PM

Ammo is available but you have to put in the time to find it and get set up for notifications with everybody that offers them.

I was on the gouging bandwagon for a while but I’ve came to the conclusion that for those not wanting to put the time in to find the ammo or reloading components then you simply pay your dues by buying the expensive stuff otherwise put the time in and find the same stuff the so called gougers are selling you. If you don’t want to do either then sit back and complain every other day.... I’ve spent a TON of time finding stuff and I have enough to last pretty much a decade or more on most of the stuff I may need. My motto now is man up and do what you have to or be a sheep and bitch and moan about the whole situation.

I tried to buy stuff someone may need at higher than normal prices by a few dollars and I was lowballed on the stuff which pissed me off and made me stop trying to help out.. I’ve came across about everything and anything made in the last several months other than Retumbo so it’s out their I assure you...
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Enough - 02/15/21 10:05 PM

I don’t see why people get bent over this. Just don’t buy it.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 12:39 AM

Feel sorry for those who need or think they need it. I despise people who intentionally buy to resell higher.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Feel sorry for those who need or think they need it. I despise people who intentionally buy to resell higher.

what if they are out of work? you going to knock a guy when he's down? he has to eat and feed his family too

i don't have time to search out ammo at the big box stores. i have networked with few a guys (mostly retirees) that buy ammo. they let me know what they have and the price. if they have what i want then i have no problem with paying them for their time and effort.
Posted By: ShadTank

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 01:12 AM

Go on gunbroker and look at the price of 6.5 prc and u will have to email every one of them cause it is $5+ a round ur fingers will hurt i buy to sell to help if my time to u is not worth $5 then .......face it the price of stuff is going up fast have u bought a bag of chips lately that were .99 now 1.89 guess u can email them too lmfao

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by redchevy

Dumb quote winner.
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 01:30 AM

Gouging? Really?

Your money, your choice.

This!
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 01:48 AM

I walked into a local retailer I have traded with for a long time last week. I picked up 500 Hornady XTP 45 acp projectiles and a brick of large pistol primers and a brick of small rifle primers. I thanked the owner for the fact there was no markup. He told me he plans to be there a long time and people have a long memory. He also commented the price gougers buying retail and reselling at exorbitant prices have done more to disarm US citizens than anything the current administration is doing. Then he said “only a fool does business with someone that is looking to kick him in the nuts”...
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 02:18 AM

I have folks wanting to buy my supplies and I have pretty much just said no. But if they offer crazy prices I would reconsider. Now that AOC has said the world will end in 12 years I really only need about 1/3 of my stuff.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 03:12 AM

I walked into a local retailer I have traded with for a long time last week. I picked up 500 Hornady XTP 45 acp projectiles and a brick of large pistol primers and a brick of small rifle primers. I thanked the owner for the fact there was no markup. He told me he plans to be there a long time and people have a long memory. He also commented the price gougers buying retail and reselling at exorbitant prices have done more to disarm US citizens than anything the current administration is doing. Then he said “only a fool does business with someone that is looking to kick him in the nuts”...

Now this is the way business should be done! Thank you for showing the correct business approach! And if you don’t think folk’s have long memories just ask how well Cheaper Than Dirt held out after their last ammo price gouging fiasco a few years back!

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 03:34 AM

Now this is the way business should be done! Thank you for showing the correct business approach! And if you don’t think folk’s have long memories just ask how well Cheaper Than Dirt held out after their last ammo price gouging fiasco a few years back!

"No Mark-Up"...then you're in business as a hobby and he won't be around long. Profit has to be made to keep the lights on and pay the bills. Only a "fool" will operate at a loss.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 03:49 AM

I agree with txgunner308 a markup needs to be made, but outright gouging that’s a different matter entirely!

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:45 AM

So at what point is it gouging and not making a profit?

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by jorge
So at what point is it gouging and not making a profit?

I think that answers clear, as soon as the price offends 1 person..

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 10:20 AM

"No Mark-Up"...then you're in business as a hobby and he won't be around long. Profit has to be made to keep the lights on and pay the bills. Only a "fool" will operate at a loss.

I paid full retail at an established reloading store that has been around for a long time. Primers were $38/1,000. 230 Grain XTP’s were $36/100. This retailer said there was plenty of meat on the bone at those prices. Higher than they were a year ago. In line with increases from manufacturers. Not kicking his customers in the nuts. Long term business model.
Regularly buying at retail with the purpose to mark that way up, commonly double or more over current retail to resell. Yeah really, that is price gouging. Dealing with with the slimy secondary sellers is akin to going to a loanshark for money...

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear

I paid full retail at an established reloading store that has been around for a long time. Primers were $38/1,000. 230 Grain XTP’s were $36/100. This retailer said there was plenty of meat on the bone at those prices. Higher than they were a year ago. In line with increases from manufacturers. Not kicking his customers in the nuts. Long term business model.
Regularly buying at retail with the purpose to mark that way up, commonly double or more over current retail to resell. Yeah really, that is price gouging. Dealing with with the slimy secondary sellers is akin to going to a loanshark for money...

...and a store isn't "a guy"...

"A guy" doesn't have to worry about long term business models.

Two entirely different discussions.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 03:31 PM

Smokey where is this magical store ? I need CCi 450s - willing to drive to get them

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pig_Popper
Smokey where is this magical store ? I need CCi 450s - willing to drive to get them

I highly doubt you get the secret location, every swinging pecker in Texas would be wiping them out daily.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 04:21 PM

I think you need to educate yourself and look up that word "gouging". No such thing when it comes to "non-essential" items.

So the retailer did "mark-up" the items you bought. He probably had 10-15 points on the stuff he sold you. What happens when he can't get re-supply? When he has nothing to sell? How's he going to pay the bills and keep his doors open. You know how many shops have closed because they have no inventory?

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:16 PM

Hey Gunner, you trying to fuel the panic for personal gain? Next weekend is the gun show in Nac. You think there will be an overly large supply of overpriced ammo there? You think there will be enough folks willing to let the gougers kick them in the nuts that it all sells? My prediction is no it won’t all sell.
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

I highly doubt you get the secret location, every swinging pecker in Texas would be wiping them out daily.

Yeah, I can’t put that on the net, The secondary sellers will have their runners camped out waiting for them to open. As soon as components are readily available to the people they will be left holding the bag. They know it and are working to drag this thing out as long as they can in order to prey on the rest of us. I fear their actions will ultimately lead to public support of legislation banning private individuals from selling ammunition and components.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:23 PM

You can PM me store info - please

[Linked Image]

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:29 PM

Why don’t you ask to sleep with his wife while your at it, get out their yourself and find the items you seek. Damn folks are lazy these days..

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:32 PM

TXGUNNER 308 said:
“I think you need to educate yourself and look up that word “gouging” “.

Here you go. Cut and paste from the dictionary-

verb (used without object), gouged, goug·ing.
to engage in extortion, overcharging, or swindling:
I bought a lot of my clothes there before they began gouging.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:46 PM

Why don’t you ask to sleep with his wife while your at it, get out their yourself and find the items you seek. Damn folks are lazy these days..

I’ve been on the hunt across 5 counties for 3 months - leave the wives out of this
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:47 PM

[Linked Image]

Odds are extremely high that the store doesn't exist. Who seriously believes a store has primers in stock at normal prices 10 months into a buying binge by the public?

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:47 PM

[quote=Ol Thumper]Why don’t you ask to sleep with his wife while your at it, get out their yourself and find the items you seek. Damn folks are lazy these days..

I’ve been on the hunt across 5 counties for 3 months - leave the wives out of this[/quote

Welcome home... You should have spent more on supplies and less on hunting trips..

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by blkt2

[Linked Image]

Odds are extremely high that the store doesn't exist. Who seriously believes a store has primers in stock at normal prices 10 months into a buying binge by the public?

Shops do exist, my local shop has them all the time. Most people these days are to lazy to put in the time to look and sit at home on the inner web wanting something to fall in their lap. Your semi local so if you need any primers shoot me a pm.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 06:10 PM

[quote=Ol Thumper]Why don’t you ask to sleep with his wife while your at it, get out their yourself and find the items you seek. Damn folks are lazy these days..

I’ve been on the hunt across 5 counties for 3 months - leave the wives out of this[/quote

Welcome home... You should have spent more on supplies and less on hunting trips..

I’m able to do both quite easily , just leave an hour early for any given trip and stop in and check for primers at a few places.

I’ve been able to find powder and brass and such without any issue - it’s just the primers that are unavailable.

Heck I could switch brands but everything I’ve load developed for is suited to this particular brand

Was just trying to find a new place to add to my trip / routes

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 06:21 PM

Let me see how many 450’s I have, shoot me a pm in a little while. I have no issues helping anyone out if they at least put in some work to find stuff.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 06:43 PM

TXGUNNER 308 said:

Po Po...no one is forcing you to buy anything. Your primers are NOT a NEED like food, fuel, water and shelter. If you don't like the price then walk away, it's your money, keep it in your pocket and quit eff'n _itching.

I have not been to a gun show in years. They are a waste of time. The internet killed the gun show years ago. Of course there will be people buying and selling. Some items will sell and some won't...what's your point?
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 07:12 PM

I feel like I've seen this episode before.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy

X2.
Gunner and me are obviously standing on different sides of the fence about price gouging. My sympathy lies with fellow shooters and firearms owners. Gunner seems to want to seize the opportunity to kick them while they are down. We all walk our own paths I guess.
TXGUNNER 308 said:

Po Po...no one is forcing you to buy anything. Your primers are NOT a NEED like food, fuel, water and shelter. If you don't like the price then walk away, it's your money, keep it in your pocket and quit eff'n _itching.

I have not been to a gun show in years. They are a waste of time. The internet killed the gun show years ago. Of course there will be people buying and selling. Some items will sell and some won't...what's your point?

You typed that I needed to educate myself and look up “gouging”. I humored you and looked it up. Yep, my usage of gouging was consistent with the definition. So I posted the meaning to educate you. Absolutely nobody has claimed their survival hinges on buying ammunition or components. What was your point there?

What is my point? Ok, “only a fool and a prostitute does business with someone that is screwing them”.

Re: Enough - 02/16/21 09:03 PM

X2.
Gunner and me are obviously standing on different sides of the fence about price gouging. My sympathy lies with fellow shooters and firearms owners. Gunner seems to want to seize the opportunity to kick them while they are down. We all walk our own paths I guess.
TXGUNNER 308 said:

You typed that I needed to educate myself and look up “gouging”. I humored you and looked it up. Yep, my usage of gouging was consistent with the definition. So I posted the meaning to educate you. Absolutely nobody has claimed their survival hinges on buying ammunition or components. What was your point there?

What is my point? Ok, “only a fool and a prostitute does business with someone that is screwing them”.

"
No, your usage was NOT consistent with the word. You were NOT swindled, overcharged or forced to pay an inflated price. "You were NOT gouged". You shopped around and found a deal that suited your budget. A high asking price is just that..."an asking price" and you made an informed decision.

Let's look at it another way...let's say 10 years ago you paid $250K for your house. Now your selling and asking $450K. Can i accuse you of "gouging", overcharging, or swindling? The answer is no...I have a choice. If you house in alignment with market conditions then I buy it. If not then I move on to the next one. BTW...housing (shelter) is considered an "essential" item.
Posted By: Sewer rat

Re: Enough - 02/17/21 02:32 PM

Sure there are some buy it now prices on gunbroker but for the most part it is an auction. The buyers are setting the price not the sellers. I don’t see how you can fault the sellers.

I have been going through my inventory and selling stuff that I don’t need and buying stuff that I do need. I listed some 20 round boxes of ammo in an auction starting at $30 a box. They ended up selling for over a hundred per box. What was I supposed to do end the auction early so I didn’t gouge someone?

Re: Enough - 02/17/21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sewer rat
Sure there are some buy it now prices on gunbroker but for the most part it is an auction. The buyers are setting the price not the sellers. I don’t see how you can fault the sellers.

I have been going through my inventory and selling stuff that I don’t need and buying stuff that I do need. I listed some 20 round boxes of ammo in an auction starting at $30 a box. They ended up selling for over a hundred per box. What was I supposed to do end the auction early so I didn’t gouge someone?

That's exactly what I've been doing. Getting rid of ammo I have no use for. I sold some 10MM, .38Spl, 300BO and 308 for stupid money. Bidders drove up the price.

Re: Enough - 02/18/21 01:44 AM

X2.
TXGUNNER 308 said:

"
No, your usage was NOT consistent with the word. You were NOT swindled, overcharged or forced to pay an inflated price. "You were NOT gouged". You shopped around and found a deal that suited your budget. A high asking price is just that..."an asking price" and you made an informed decision.

Let's look at it another way...let's say 10 years ago you paid $250K for your house. Now your selling and asking $450K. Can i accuse you of "gouging", overcharging, or swindling? The answer is no...I have a choice. If you house in alignment with market conditions then I buy it. If not then I move on to the next one. BTW...housing (shelter) is considered an "essential" item.

Very good analogy.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Enough - 02/18/21 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sewer rat

That's exactly what I've been doing. Getting rid of ammo I have no use for. I sold some 10MM, .38Spl, 300BO and 308 for stupid money. Bidders drove up the price.

It was obviously you fault that the price went so high. You're just greedy. grin

I still have no respect for those folks that are in line at the store every day to buy their allotment of ammo a d then sell it for 4x what they paid for it.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Enough - 02/22/21 06:27 PM

Seems like I already read this post back when Obama was here, then a few months ago again.
Posted By: mikereiling5

Re: Enough - 02/23/21 04:21 AM

Tired thread,
Don’t like the price don’t buy it
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Enough - 02/23/21 04:30 PM

Apparently folks have not had enough, they are still doing really stupid stuff.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Enough - 02/23/21 04:49 PM

How many threads on ammo prices do we have in the last 6 months? dead_horse
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Enough - 02/23/21 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by mikereiling5
Tired thread,
Don’t like the price don’t buy it

agreed

whiners
moaners
b itchers
losers

can't pay, then don't play

drama queens can't help themselves

one of the Kardashians is getting a divorce, ,,,, that's not enough for their dramas

Re: Enough - 02/24/21 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

dead_horse dead_horse

Re: Enough - 02/24/21 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

A plethora...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum