Texas Hunting Forum

New RCBS Chargemaster

Posted By: Teal28

New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 12:02 PM

Seen this on Instagram last night. Reads to the hundredth. Nothing as of this morning from RCBS.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 01:04 PM

i'm in
Posted By: DStroud

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 01:30 PM

I sold one of my Chargemasters recently to make room for the V3 which is pretty slick....maybe need to sell one more?
Posted By: J.G.

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 01:32 PM

Beem using the Autotrickler for over a year. For most cartridges it can keep up with me. If this RCBS can do the same, they will have a winner!

I assume is it auger only. I did not get an answer yesterday when I saw this.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 01:44 PM

Looks nifty.

Did some more playing with my chargemaster and beam scale. While the beam scale is ultimately more accurate, I find my chargemaster to still be a great value and im still happy with mine.

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 02:01 PM

the picture was taken to not give to much away only showing the lower unit. I wonder if it has a trickle function that would allow it to drop single kernels at a time?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 02:20 PM

You can see it will be an auger style thrower. To get that sensitive on the unit, it will have to run slower. The Auto Throw and Auto Trickler throws within 12-15 seconds accurate to .02 and is VERY consistent over many charges. It will be hard to beat that.

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
You can see it will be an auger style thrower. To get that sensitive on the unit, it will have to run slower. The Auto Throw and Auto Trickler throws within 12-15 seconds accurate to .02 and is VERY consistent over many charges. It will be hard to beat that.

Right. I'll let other people test this, and look for the reported time it takes to throw a charge. The only way I would go to it, os if it is faster. I doubt it will be.

But, for someone whom only loads for themselves, for a few cartridges, and a lower volume than some of us, this will be a major improvement in their ammo.

Of course, there are still many tasks the original Chargemaster does a fine job. Hack the timing, and it will keep up with you.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/27/19 03:24 PM

What about fixing the actual scale drifting?

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/29/19 01:10 AM

just stick with you balance beam

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/29/19 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
just stick with you balance beam

Not everyone is retired, and wake up every day wondering what they are going to do.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/29/19 12:14 PM

Need some details on price, speed, & accuracy. I'd consider swapping my CM Lite for it if it's cheap enough and more accurate (same speed is fine). If I didn't have to follow up on the beam and manually trickle, that would be a big plus. But I don't load enough to pay for anything expensive. Like I said a few weeks ago, I have shot my rifle once since Feb.
Posted By: djones

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 08/29/19 01:52 PM

vid

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/10/19 11:56 AM

new generic pic. Still not much detail other than its black.

[Linked Image]

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/10/19 01:21 PM

Gonna miss the trademark green
Posted By: spg

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/10/19 04:24 PM

Only complaints on the CM's I have are there sensitive to cellular signal and change when the AC turns ON/OFF or when someone opens a door and changes the pressurization in the room. I lock doors, turn off cell phone, and put the AC on Manual run to keep everything consistent.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/11/19 03:37 PM

I'd be curious on the price. Looks slick!

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/11/19 04:43 PM

Price would be interesting, wonder when it will be available.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/11/19 04:50 PM

If the scale is truly accurate to .02 grains, then the old stain gauge style of scale won't work. So, the scale would have a better and more consistent way of measuring. That will certainly drive the cost up. .02 grains is generally about the size of 1 kernel of extruded gun powder (.02 to .03 grains). To trickle to that fine of measurement, the opening has to be smaller than the old opening, which would slow the rate of powder dispensing on the larger powder charges. I will bet the price will be in the $500 to $600, maybe $700 range.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/11/19 07:09 PM

My old Pact made RCBS dispenser has two different auger tubes, one for fast and one for trickle. I could not say as to how consistently accurate it is.

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/12/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
If the scale is truly accurate to .02 grains, then the old stain gauge style of scale won't work. So, the scale would have a better and more consistent way of measuring. That will certainly drive the cost up. .02 grains is generally about the size of 1 kernel of extruded gun powder (.02 to .03 grains). To trickle to that fine of measurement, the opening has to be smaller than the old opening, which would slow the rate of powder dispensing on the larger powder charges. I will bet the price will be in the $500 to $600, maybe $700 range.

this seems to be the going thought on price. 500-600 dollar range.

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/13/19 12:49 PM

eeks333 This has to be MSRP and not MAP?

[Linked Image]

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/13/19 01:07 PM

^^^^ that’s how the dispensers look on my PACT.

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/13/19 01:09 PM

Claims .04g accuracy in match mode or .1 in regular

Ships in 1-3 months
Posted By: pertnear

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/13/19 01:09 PM

I can't wait for folks to start buying these so I can pick up an older used model on the cheap! A tenth or two is good enough for what I need & speed is a non-issue. clap

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/13/19 02:42 PM

hummmm

$843

bang
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: New RCBS Chargemaster - 09/13/19 03:34 PM

I would rather spend a couple hundred more and get a autotrickler v3 with a A&D FX120i. That combo will do the same thing and be more accurate.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum