Texas Hunting Forum

ELDX Seating sems?

Posted By: redchevy

ELDX Seating sems? - 12/06/18 07:00 PM

I remember reading that some of the higher bc bullet offerings from Berger etc. required a special seating stem in standard dies. I have a set of RCBS 7mm08 dies, am I going to need a different seating stem to seat the 162 or 175 ELDX's?

Thanks.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: ELDX Seating sems? - 12/06/18 07:04 PM

No, you should be fine.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: ELDX Seating sems? - 12/06/18 07:10 PM

Thanks Chad
Posted By: Judd

Re: ELDX Seating sems? - 12/06/18 09:10 PM

I agree with Chad but for future use...you'll know as soon as you seat the first one....you'll have a perfect ring around the bullet where the seater is contacting. Only two things that I'm aware of can cause that...WAY to much neck tension and/or needing the "VLD" stem.
Posted By: TackDriver

Re: ELDX Seating sems? - 12/07/18 12:11 AM

You can always disassemble the die and take the seating stem out and put the bullet in it and see if it fits just right and not touching the nose of the bullet.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: ELDX Seating sems? - 12/07/18 12:23 AM

And you can take a sacrificial bullet put it in a cordless screwdriver and put some JB bore cleaner or Flitz on it and lightly polish the inside of the stem.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: ELDX Seating sems? - 12/08/18 01:50 AM

Ablr are really soft and seating can lead to an indentation in the tip if you do not seat slowly and make sure your die is clean
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: ELDX Seating sems? - 12/08/18 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cleric
Ablr are really soft and seating can lead to an indentation in the tip if you do not seat slowly and make sure your die is clean

Yes, I hate those bullets.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: ELDX Seating sems? - 12/08/18 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
Originally Posted by Cleric

Yes, I hate those bullets.

They can be a pain but really like the 129gr in the Grendel
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum