Texas Hunting Forum

Hornady140 SST's

Posted By: RLoving1

Hornady140 SST's - 06/23/18 12:12 AM

I am breaking in the new 6.5 CM with Hornady Match and got couple boxes of cheaper 120 gr HP match just to get it on paper. I picked up dies and some Hornady 140 SST for when I get brass supply and start building loads. All I see is the ELD's and Amax but never see the SST's! So do I have bullets for just practice or can I expect to build something accurate around them? Shooting out of Diamondback AR-10 with 20 barrel the cheap 120 grains showed good potential.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Hornady140 SST's - 06/23/18 04:43 PM

Why would the sst not be an accurate bullet? It's a great choice for general hunting use, and should do very well.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Hornady140 SST's - 06/23/18 10:48 PM

I have shot numerous deer and lots of hogs with the 6.5, using 123 SST's and have had very good results with them. In fact I like them so much I stocked up a bunch of bullets and I'm using the same bullets in my 6.5 Grendel as well as the Creedmore. Excellent performance on hogs for me. I have not tried the 140's and probably won't as the lighter bullets are working so well for me.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Hornady140 SST's - 06/24/18 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Why would the sst not be an accurate bullet? It's a great choice for general hunting use, and should do very well.

They are not the latest and the greatest so they don't work anymore.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum