Texas Hunting Forum

Prime 6.5 Creedmoor 130gr ammo

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Prime 6.5 Creedmoor 130gr ammo - 04/27/18 03:11 PM

who's shooting this in their Creed? I hear great stuff about it.

https://www.primeammo.com/ammunition/prime-6-5mm-creedmoor-otm-130gr-match-case.html

1.18 per round for 200.

I reload but get lazy sometimes........all the time...
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Prime 6.5 Creedmoor 130gr ammo - 04/27/18 04:43 PM

I spent way too much time debating whether to start my 6.5 experience with this or with Hornady 140 ELD-M. I ended up going with the Hornady, but it was a 50/50 decision. The big issue for me was that it was around $40 just for one box of the prime to find out if your gun liked it. Back when I started my precision shooting journey, that seemed like a lot of money. Now, it's just a drop in the bucket.

You can get a case for $250, or you could back when I was looking. They offered it with free shipping and it was a pretty good deal. But that's a lot of ammo to buy if you don't even know if your gun likes it. So I bought a box of the Hornady and it shot great and I stuck with that.

There have been some measurements taken on the prime brass that showed that it wasn't truly identical to the Lapua, even though they are made in the same factory. So it may be good stuff, but you're not actually getting Lapua brass as far as I was concerned. But allegedly it is good stuff.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Prime 6.5 Creedmoor 130gr ammo - 04/28/18 12:56 AM

good stuff P07 thanks
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Prime 6.5 Creedmoor 130gr ammo - 04/28/18 12:57 AM

I ran 100 rds through my Tikka, and it shot them all under 1". Seems to be high quality stuff, and it is Norma components, not Lapua.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum